Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Norm Walters

I just bought a butane hot melt gun and used it today. For anyone still doing stick templates this is a must have, no cords bumping the template, comes in a case that carries extra butane and about 12 hot melt sticks, I’ll never go back to a corded gun. I got mine at bruceadhesives.com.

Norm,

those are nice for templating but also for installers. We use the medium sized ones, just be careful not to put them in your back pocket while they are fired up.

John

Norm Walters

John, I called you today and left Derek a messagefor you to call me back. I need to find out who your contact is for the 7/8″ MDF with the white backer on it you guys are using. Give me a call tomorrow if you can at 813-230-2359, thanks

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We used to have one of those guns and they worked for a long time til it broke. But it did work well.

KCWOOD

I always wondered if they worked, anything has to be better than the 3m QuadTrac. I did use the new 3m ‘economy” gun at the show. It actually performed better than their better ones. I ran a whole stick of glue, these stickes are longer, and it never lost grip or stop melting. I’m buying 3 of them. I’ll post the model number.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I had one of the new ones. I think I know what you are talking about. They suck.

I have a few different ones. In my experience the adhesive tech medium guns last the longest and still provide more than enough glue to do templating. I think the larger ones which are much more money are overkill for templating. The other names I wont mention are pieces of crap like Andy said.

KCWOOD

John, I’m not bashful. I bought a 3m Polygun TC, has a quadrack converter on it. It because apparent, when you are really needing the glue, as in setting a set-on backsplash, you would get half way down a backsplash and the rachet action would slip, time and time again. After 3 months and many complaints to the 3m rep, each time, it was always my fault for doing something not right. I finally asked for my money back, and that was denied. I was told they know they have problems, but not enough for a design change. At the IWF show I got the sales pitch on how this was a great gun, the guy said what do you think. I said I think it is a piece of #$%^. They said why, I said because the gun slips all the time, they said that was the first they had heard of it. Then several of the guys around me spoke up, they all agreed with me. We all liked their new cheap gun… I’ll find the info on it. It was very non slip and melted very fast, as fast as you could squeeze.

Yep, 3M Polygun TC…. not for me…. maybe others have had good luck, Maybe the rep was right, I have the only bad gun….

Norm Walters

Andy, I have the big butane gun, $165 and it works great for me.

KCWOOD

Norm, How much are the cartridges of butane? Do you know how long they last yet?

KC

Norm Walters

Kelsey, you just buy the butane that you refill cigarette lighters with, when you fire the thing up is sounds like it is using alot of fuel, but when it gets to temperature it just kinda idles. I have no idea how long the butane lasts, I’ve only used it once.

depends on the gun. The adhesive tech medium gun lasted me around two hours on one charge, the other guns I tried lasted from 15 minutes to 60 minutes per charge.

Norm, that $169.00 glue gun you bought is $154.00 from us (same gun) plus we stock the butane. For Florida delivery only on the butane as it is a hazmat item. We also have a smaller version that is 79 bucks. Holds half the butane. Had a customer 1 time that rolled out 100 ft. of extension cord to template a job only to have a dump truck put a load of fill right over the cord. He then bought 2 butane guns…a heck of a lot easier.

http://www.tools4solidsurface.com

Mory Ludwick

Dave

Welcome to the Fabricator Network. I’ll call you tomorrow, I need to order one or two of those butane glue guns. I also have been looking at some of the other products you sell. We will be placing an order soon. Thanks.

Mory

Rich Gurtler

Dear Mory, there will be NO FREE FREIGHT! I don’t care what Andy told you!

The above post is pure sarcasm and in no way dimishes the fact that Mory is Mory and Andy is Andy…

I, Dave, have approved the above message.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.