Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Jon Olson
    Where hoping to bring 5 from our shop this year. Last year only two of us went. February is a better month for us to travel.

Chris Yaughn

Andy,

FWIW I think you kinda have to have a booth if your are going to be considered something more than a flash in the pan. If your intent is to make this thing stick long term you need to be there. I am guessing that it is expensive and I know that it will be aggravating. But, you can’t be a real player if your are only there once.

I am still waiting on a call from a company that had a really slick rolling toolbox thingy at the last show. I am guessing they will not be there this year.

Fabritek

Boggles my mind. Not following up on a scanned card from a potential customer. When we go to the IWF in Atlanta, I only scan my card for what I think would be an asset to our business. I simply don’t want to get scan-happy as I don’t need the mailbox overflowing with junk. Do you know that maybe 10% will get back to you in a timely fashion. What a waste. I can think of one woodworking glue company that I was really interested in, called me 1 year later and I basically told them to stick it.

Yes Tom, pun intended…

Lenny E

Comical Post..Dont take it seriously

I just got a call from Oxley..he is offerring me a special booth at the show, its a 10 by 10 on a balcony. Its called the John Wilkes Booth. He said I get to wear a stovepipe hat and I would get a special visitor during intermission at no extra cost…..Should I take it?

Seriously,

Having been to 8 straight shows there in a row, Im passing this year. My feeling is there is nothing that new and innovative at each show to justify attendance every year. I think maybe every other year is a better option for the bottom line.The far east is kinda like Alaska, we are kinda far removed from the continental US. Ive paid those big buck plane fares in 2005, 2006, and 2007, and will sit this one out.

Lenny

Brent McCoy

What an excuse! You’re just chicken to sit down with a few of the boys and imbibe in my version of snake wine. Oh well…

Lenny E

New Beatles tune. Dave..

Pay my airfare

Ill be there!

Lenny

No Habla espanol…

Lenny E

Dave you crack me up! Seriously, Im gonna sit this dance out after 8 years….but on the bright side, I ve found little tiny bottles of snake wine…..they are fed ex able. Each one has has a lil bitty cobra inside. Whats your mailing address?

Lenny

Oh Man, this should be interesting!

Federal Saw & Tool

5679 70th Ave. N.

Pinellas Park, Fl. 33781

Reminds me of Andrew Zimmern from Bizarre Foods on The Travel Channel sitting down for sup in Vietnam to a plate of fried scorpian.

Chris

Well if you don’t get a booth, you’re all welcome to cluster around ours. We even have candy.

Last year was not really the turnout we hoped for, which was disappointing because it has consistently been one of our best shows. But, we’ll be back this year, even if it means beating people down at airports and that long six hour flight out, and sending William Shatner to seduce women so I can get decent hotel rates…

Since I’m an exhibitor and not an attendee I haven’t seen much in the way of seminars unfortunately. When I perused this year’s list the other day I wondered why there weren’t more technology-oriented ones. Are they just sort of compiled into other topics? I know there’s that sort of over-arching “technology in the workplace” one.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

FabNet booth is right next to your Chris. We will be neighbors.

Chris

Hehe cool.

I guess that means I’ll have to fire up some Battlefield on our projector…

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Good idea Chris. We can eat candy and play Battlefield. 🙂

Gordon Doull
    Posted By Chen Wei Lun on 12/05/2007 12:05 PM – Having been to 8 straight shows there in a row, Im passing this year. My feeling is there is nothing that new and innovative at each show to justify attendance every year. I think maybe every other year is a better option for the bottom line.The far east is kinda like Alaska, we are kinda far removed from the continental US. Ive paid those big buck plane fares in 2005, 2006, and 2007, and will sit this one out.

Lenny

Lenny –

I think you might be missing a step here. You don’t want to use the show to justify the travel. Instead, use the show to justify your drinking and the drinking to justify the travel. I often wonder what I’m doing at the show at 4:30pm, but by 7, I KNOW what I’m doing there………. We’ll miss you.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.