Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Going to the Cygnus Expo this year and wanted to know if the FabNet should get a booth. What do you think? Maybe this year we could give out some pink shirts.

Norm Walters

Andy, if you can get sponsors (on paper) then yes, I think you should go. Maybe announce adding a new feature to the site.

Tom M

Booooooooth. Booooooth. Boooooth.

Unless it interferes with a party.

rey rosario

Andy, we will not be there with a booth. Had my fill of union robbers for another year. We will be in Orlando in 2009.

Having said that, 2 of my guys will be in Vegas. Perhaps we could work out a “fee” for 1 of them to hang out in the FabNet booth. Perhaps hand out mouse pads and the like.

Let me know.

EDITED: We WILL NOT be handing out anything pink.

David Gerard

Dave, are you saying that the show will be in Orlando in 2009? I don’t know what it is with me but I can’t seem to want to go to Vegas for love , money or the shiny hard stuff. I could meet Gene and Norm then?

Mike Castro

Dave, as of now, it’s scheduled to rotate between Vegas and Orlando so yes, 2009 in Orlando.

Unfortunately the 1st show held in Orlando, this year was not the turn out anyone wanted. But, it was right in the middle of this economic slump. By 2009…It’ll be fine.

Tom M

I’m all over it if it’s in Fla. Vegas? I’ve pretty much had my fill of Vegas.

We don’t need no stinkin’ Vegas!

I love the show seminars, da floor stuff…ahhh that stuff is in my mailbox right now,tons of spam pictures, but the classes…oh yeah, and my new fabnet buddies…..what the hell do youse look like?????????I am going wherever it goes, no matter what, i turn down jobs for that week too, Andy ,I met youse at the booth, Fedsaw Dave been telling me about the fabnet for awhile, but when i saw youse and was welcomed at your boof, i felt pretty welcomed and wanted to be a part of what you were selling ……which was nothing but a free comodity of fabricator advice which enlarged my friendship list incredibly…Whatever you choose is fine, if you dont…maybe we could at least organize a team of committed Fabnetters to walk around in one of those sandwich type signs you put over yourself, handing out web address cards and handshakes…I right now will commit to 2-4 on Saturday, Which one of youse guys are doing 4-6??? that might be less expensive and a better attraction and also be mobile…it would be noticed.

Andy, FabNet has to be there 2 shows in a row…IMO. Large west coast contingent that needs to know about this site if they don’t already. Since we’re not fork-lifting in pallets of product, just shirts, pencils…give away stuff, it then is the price of the booth. I’ll get in touch with you on Monday, I’ll call Sandy Milroy at Cygnus and….Let’s ~~get~~this~~party~~started.

Gordon Doull

You KNOW I’m in………….

Can youse imagine Gordon aka Pinky tuskadaro wit dat afro and pink shirt walking around with a fabnet billboard sandwich sign handing out cards?????????????? talk about being recognized…im seeing another marketing angle, I’ll give some cash to put my Company sticker on the sign….Im sure more MFGs would be interested, they’ll probaly pay more for Gordon walking around though,He will look like one those Nascar racecars….cool idea I think Andy???? even if you get da boof do da sign too…

Jon Olson
    Not sure if its been decided that the show will return to Orlando. I think part of the attendance problem last year was that it happen during spring break. Airline prices jump up pretty high. Vegas doesn’t bother me. I just ignore most of what is going on there. I’m there to work not to play.

Jon, I’ve heards the spring break, airline fare reason before. Can’t discount it but it’s certainly not the main reason. The show was right when the whole housing market crash was roaring, the economy was in a down spiral and I believe folks were hunkered down to see where this whole recessinary atmosphere was headed and were not going to spend the extra money to get and stay there. Plus, it was the 1st year at a new venue.

You have a huge population base within a drive of Orlando plus you have a real family friendly atmosphere. You can only do Vegas so many times. Some of the biggest shows in our industry rotate between west coast/east coast. The Surface Fab show should do the same.

Gordon Doull

I totally agree with you, Dave. Well written.

And to be fair, between the economy and the spring break issue, we just covered two of the three main reasons I didn’t go…..

It needs to be re-scheduled. The flights, hotels and cars were all high.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

The show this year will be in February. Also, i think people feel better about leaving their work in Feb. rather than March when work starts to pick up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.