Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Bill Wolle

Norm, this is not an official reply ’cause I can’t offer one…but I would not adhere with dabs of silicone, I would bed it completely in silicone just like you would install a tile. I know it will be alot of silicone, but if there are no gaps, there is less liklyhood of infiltration. Just my 2cents worth.

David Gerard

Yo  Len,  you have my interest with the hvac issues and condensation.  In our far northern area we employ “cold climate construction” techniques when building energy efficient homes.  One of the main issues is too tight a envelope therefore we install an air to air heat exchanger (HRV) a balanced system.     Also when high cfm range hoods are used we need to provide make up air so as not to depressurize the building.  Would this approach help with the stagnant air causing mold in your situation?   I know in the southern regions you place the vapor barrier closer to the outside of the wall construction.  Do you seal up the house specifically or does the building end up being tight  by default of the building components and construction techniques?  thanks.

Len Smith

Hi David,

We’re just a solid surface subcontractor, I’m no expert on construction methods to deal with the building envelope. What we’ve learned along the way regarding wet walls has come from years of experience in different climates. Coastal Mississippi was the most humid place we’ve ever worked. Installs in CA, NV, and AZ are a breeze in comparison!

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Len,

Is this 1/4″ material or 1/2″ that popped off the walls?

Norm Walters

I took Bill’s advice and almost killed myself in the process. Twelve tubes of silcone caulk spread evenly with a v-notched trowel. I should have had a respirator with me, it was bad.

I think it’s there for awhile.

Lenny E

Norm,

On Regulaculon 5, those poor creatures breathe an atmosphere that is 80% acetic acid (the vinegar smell in silicone caulk) and they like it.

You are a former Marine! It s time to Man up a little!

Just joking and kidding Norm , I can only imagine what that was like. I would have been tearing up like a little girl

I hate fumes, you can shoot at em, but it does no good whatsoever (unless they be methane, then its fireworks time)..yuck, yuck, yuck!

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

12 tubes, that is classic. That much silicone will never let the seat come loose.

After breathing in that much silicone, you might just vote for Obama.

Norm Walters

Andy, I’m voting for the oil companies, they are a sure thing, they never lose

WOWKACUI

This seat is 10 feet long so there must be alot of movement….

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.