Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Gordon Shell

Could be……..I said I no longer walk on our sheets, didn’t say anything about the competition 🙂

JasonCarr

Gordon You taught my ISSFA class last July, I was the guy that made you do the zip line at Park City…. I’d sell Eos If I could get people to buy EOS..

Andy the guys at Domain couldn’t really do much for me and I’m ok with it, they said they would try to cut me a discount on my next sheet order but with the stuff being so brittle i’m having some faith issues with the product….

Ididn’t walk on them and handled them like they were glass and I still ended up taking a hit on my pocket book. I’m going to hope and pray the material can stand up to the constant construction potholes on 95 and 64 and make it with out breaking…

Len Smith

Jason, really? They’ll give you a discount on more product, with you taking all of the risk and they take none? That doesn’t seem like a sweetheart deal to me.

You can’t sell what you don’t believe in, at least not well. If you see a value in Eos, you will be able to sell it. I’d be willing to bet that if you showed your customers a picture of the broken Affinity slabs, they wouldn’t think it was a good deal, and they’d be willing to pay more for higher quality stuff.

If you are only selling ‘cheap’, don’t expect to make much of a profit because there will always be someone cheaper than you.

*stepping down from soap box now.*

JasonCarr

Posted By Len Smith on 12 Apr 2012 11:48 AM

Jason, really? They’ll give you a discount on more product, with you taking all of the risk and they take none? That doesn’t seem like a sweetheart deal to me.

You can’t sell what you don’t believe in, at least not well. If you see a value in Eos, you will be able to sell it. I’d be willing to bet that if you showed your customers a picture of the broken Affinity slabs, they wouldn’t think it was a good deal, and they’d be willing to pay more for higher quality stuff.

If you are only selling ‘cheap’, don’t expect to make much of a profit because there will always be someone cheaper than you.

*stepping down from soap box now.*

yes sir,  I feel the exact same way… well sell you some more  material that may or may not be flawed…    one of the guys said if you don’ t offer any of the blended stuff you wont make any money.  I offered the garbage and lost almost 3000.00 bucks instead of making any so I’m just going to stick with my original plan and offer stuf poly stuff you wont make any money..  I offered the  blended crap and I lostf I can get local,  EOS and Corian, and I have used and feel comfortable with Livingstone.  I don’t think I’m the cheapest but I know I’m still cheaper than the Big Box stores…..

I know this is a little late in the conversation but when I was reading through the forums and seen this I felt I needed to share my experience.  I do not contribute much to this forum and it has been some time since I did, but I do use it from time to time for information on solid surface.  I use a fair amount of Affinity sheets (maybe 3-4 projects a month) and I also use EOS, Meganite (and Array) plus a few others.  I have not had many instances with broken sheets except for maybe an edge or corner here and there.  However with in the last 2 or 3 months I started getting broken sheets and it all started with EOS believe it or not and this thing looked like someone ran over it with a truck.  The two sheets of 3cm were in about 10 pieces of course I refused the shipment and EOS promptly shipped me 2 new sheets.  After speaking with Ken at EOS he asked me where it was broken and what size pieces before I could respond he asked if it was around 40” and that was almost the exact spot his conclusion the shipper moved the pallet without using long forks on his jack. That was on a Friday the following Tuesday I received another shipment from Meganite 2 out of the 3 sheets cracked at about 40” so this order was refused and handled without a problem.  Since then ever pallet is un-banded sheets are moved of pallets and inspected before I sign anything.  We have had two other instances since with broken material one was Affinity but refused and was sent another sheet with no problems.  The one thing that all of my broken shipments had in common was the same trucking company I do not know if it was broke in shipment or when they transferred trucks for delivery but I haven’t used the trucking company since and have not had anymore problems, but I still am not signing anything coming of that truck until I know it is in one piece.  Sorry to get a little long winded just felt I needed to express my thoughts on this subject.

KCWOOD

Sounds like every shipment I received from FedEx freight

Lenny E

Hi guys,

Have guns will travel…you know me! EOS, Affinity, what ever in China, they are all the BS. Dont believe the hype.

Unless yoiu have boots on the ground 24/7…it aint’ gonnna happen captian! Thats is why Formica parks me here recently, as one of my many clients . They are coming out with generation 3…it willl rock your freaking world!

I just helped build a resin plant, vertically integrated…no one else has that. It’s unique.

And it’s green, not BS Obama Solyndra green, but the real deal!  Not LG or Staron or Borian crap..reclassify the particles to “off spec” and then cry recycle.

This is the real deal. After all, they called the master out of retirement to work this shindig! 🙂

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Posted By Lenny E on 11 Jun 2012 09:56 AM

Hi guys,

Have guns will travel…you know me! EOS, Affinity, what ever in China, they are all the BS. Dont believe the hype.

Unless yoiu have boots on the ground 24/7…it aint’ gonnna happen captian! Thats is why Formica parks me here recently, as one of my many clients . They are coming out with generation 3…it willl rock your freaking world!

I just helped build a resin plant, vertically integrated…no one else has that. It’s unique.

And it’s green, not BS Obama Solyndra green, but the real deal!  Not LG or Staron or Borian crap..reclassify the particles to “off spec” and then cry recycle.

This is the real deal. After all, they called the master out of retirement to work this shindig! 🙂

Let’s see some pictures Lenny.

Lenny E

My profuse apologies Andy,

I have been somewhat remiss in posting photos. I will endeavor to get some up tonight. I can’t show ya pix of the stuff I’m currently working on yet without papal dispensation, but I will feed that up the foood chain and see if it flies. 

Oh BTW check pinned photos section in da Swamp..5 new photos posted! I always aim to keep my promises!

But I have some interesting China pix. Hey my Chinese Drivers license expired. I just got back  today from  trying to get a new one. Its most likely easier to get a gun permit over here than a drivers license. Geez, last time it was so easy, but the darn thing expired. This time its medical exams at a hospital (not just an eye check..a fricking full fledged medical exam). I passed the psychological profile part with flying colors..because .I lied through my teeth…bwah, hah, hah, hah, hah!  

I did the baseball thing with the ink blots.
    Chinese Doctor..what is this ink blot?
    Lenny…Thats babe Ruth, the big Bambino, ready to send one into orbit!
    Chinese Doctor: And what does this one remind you of?
    Lenny: Thats the young black man I advised many years ago with these fateful  words..If you want to be a success, just wear one glove!
    Doctor; Michael Jackson?
    Lenny: Nope..Willie Mays! 🙂
    (my profuse apologies for stealing that one from Bill Murray).
    They said I’m gonna get a 10 year license this time. I asked if they had a fifty year one but they got testy. Not as testy as the time when I went down to the police station after too many beers and tried to apply for a concealed carry permit. Now you know there is no 2nd amendment over here, even the cops here don’t carry guns. They bodily threw me outta there that time. The 2nd time I went to apply they joked and laughed and we all had something to eat. I showed them some pix of the Chinese Army guns I have back in the US and they really liked them.

I’m going back again Andy for a gun and the concealed carry permit. I think I’m wearing em down!

Wish me luck.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Good luck with that Lenny, you aint gonna get a concealed weapons permit in China.

Lenny E

Yep I know Andy. I’d be satisfied with a gun I could just own (and not carry) but the chances are pretty slim for that too. My uncle in law over here has a gun and carries it, but he is a judge. Also I knew a rich guy out in Xinjiang province that somehow wrangled a gun and a carry permit. He was real proud of it and would not hesitate to pull it out and show it to you.

I just like to mess with em, every time I go in now to ask for that, either they buy me dinner or I treat them. Its become a tradition.

I’m looking for a Chinese SKS or Model 54 (Chinese Tokarev pistol) in the States now. When I snag that and have it shipped to Texas I willhave the wife take some pix, email em to me and go down to the police station AGAIN and apply. Then show them the pix of the Chinese SKS and/or model 54, and grab some drinks and dinner.

Oh I did find a shooting range in China up Beijing way. Who knew? A friend of mine went (I haven’t gone yet). It caters to foreigners and you can rent a plethora of weapons and shoot them (even full auto). I usually avoid the big B (Beijing) like the E bola virus (too close to the sphere of gummit influence for my rogue taste) and always find a reason to duck the meetings etc., there.

But I guess I will have to swing on up that way and check that range out. I will make sure to take lots of photos.

KCWOOD

Lenny, maybe you should walk in wearing only one glove….

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.