Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Lenny E

Andy, I heard a rumor. Is Gas almost 5 Bucks/gal in Kali? How can you afford to drive to work or to installs? 

David Gerard

4. 60 here. lucky me though, most of my jobs are within 15 miles from my shop. Love the small town thing.

Wayne

$4.50-$4.85 in Chicagoland is normal these days.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I live in Orange County by Disneyland. It is about $4.60, but in Venice, CA, it is $5.49.

Crazy gas prices are killing us. We plan were we drive now because it’s actually noticable.

Lenny E

Geez Andy,

The US dollar is supposed to be the world’s reserve currency, which should (and usually) results in the cheapest gas on the planet. In China its 8.1 rmb/liter.

So you all can see what I have to go through everyday with fluctuating currency rates, and converting metric to english units……(8.1 rmb x 3.785411 liters/gallon) / 6.28947 RMB/USD = $4.88 cents per gallon of gas in China.

Geez Andy, Kali gas is approximately the same price as Chinese gas. You need to thank Chairman Moonbeam, and The dear leader of the People’s Liberation Botox Army…. Pelosi for that.

That’s ridiculous. I hear that using the winter gas a few weeks early may help bring the prices down quickly. You know, in times of economic instability and hardship you would think those jackbooted thugs at the EPA and State EPA’s would lighten up a bit.

Of course Feinstein, Boxer and Pelosi are screaming about the gas prices, even though those EPA Nazi lovers are most likely the 3 Harpies most responsible for the dumb ass, job killing, price escalating policies in place in California.

Andy, Buddy, Come to the dark side. Are you ready to come to Texas yet?

Jon Olson

Chevy Volt.

Posted By Jon Olson on 09 Oct 2012 10:04 AM

Chevy Volt.

Jon,

I absolutely think that your response is headed in the right direction there. Especially if you are in an area that doesn’t rely on fossil fuel to power the electric generation power plants.
    You can argue about carbon footprint and co2 emissions and global warming all you want to.  I think that the bigger issue is fuel supply.  I don’ think that anyone can really seriously argue that fossil fuel isn’t a finite resource.  If we don’t find an alternative to fossil fuel for power there will come a day, even if we can’t foresee it, that it is all GONE (that mean no more).  Better to be prepared before that day comes.
    Imagine if we could utilize an alternative energy source to fossil fuel.  What effect would that have on global stability if we didn’t need to fight wars in the middle east to protect our energy interest.
    Seriously people, just because you can afford to buy it and you don’t believe in the global warming thing, doesn’t mean that you have an undeniable right to an exhaustible resource.  what are we going to do the day after we use the last drop of oil or last lump of coal etc.
    Oh crap, stop me now.
    Anyway, I don’t like the high cost of fuel either, but I think that high prices might be the only way to motivate us to conserve or find alternatives.
    I always tell people that the cost of gas isn’t high enough yet.  Just look at our driving habits.  For example.  The lead foot at the green light just to wait at the next red light.   Or the 3500 extra cab jacked up on 36″ tires and they are using it to run errands.  Really, what is it going to take to change our habits.
    Johnny C
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

It’s human nature. We will use the last drop of fuel and wonder what happened. Happens to every society and we are not immune to it.

Chevy Volt is just a car that runs on coal rather than oil? What is the difference, we are still burning energy to move a 2000 pound car around the city.

Wags

Volt may be a good idea, but not at 25 mile range. An idea who’s time has not arrived. I thought the compressed air auto that Tata motors was working on had great potential. Actually they made fork lifts etc with compressed air engines. Think your air tools, last long, few working parts and reliable. And you fill the tanks with compressed air, and they would go many times further than a volt on a fill. Plus, refilling only took minutes not hours.

Wags
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Compressed air still takes lots of energy to actually compress the air. Fossil fuels (for the most part) are still being burned to create the energy.

The Volt has a gas engine for longer trips.

Jon Olson

Hey John, good points. your correct we need to look at all the angles Andy I look  at the volt not as a green car. But a way to save on cost. My commute to work is about 25 miles per day. Using a volt I would never have to put gas into it. I have wood stove because I don’t want to pay for heat.

P.s. Most of the electricity in NE come from hydro plants in Canada. Not sure in NE if we even have coal plants for energy

Wags

Actually about $2 a fill Andy. And here, most of our electric is nuclear.

Jon at the cost of a Volt and the life expectancy, and cost to replace batteries, it is more expensive than a fuel efficient gas powered vehicle. You will never save money with a volt. And, actually, one report shows an electric vehicle actually pollutes more than a gas vehicle.

I like the idea of electric or other non fossil fuel vehicles, unfortunatly the science is not there yet. Perhaps one day.

Lenny E

Electric cars..did you know if you drive some of them too far and discharge the battery completely, they become a brick. You can’t recharge them. You have to buy a new battery.

If you are in an area that derives most of its electricity from coal. then running an electric car is actually more dirty and polluting than a normal high mileage car.

I will not buy one of these over priced POS. The technology is not proven yet. I’t’s yet another example of “unicorn farts” from Obama and his donor cronies.

Hey why doesn’t the legendary Jon Olsen buy one if he thinks they all that and a bag of Chips? Put his money where his mouth is so to speak. Where is the Sterling electric install van? It only exists in Jon’s mind I tells ya!

Look at Solyndra and the other plethora of “green ” companies that got government backing with taxpayer money and went bankrupt?

Follow the money and see who donated to ‘Dah Won”.

We have enough coal in the US to last 2-300 years. Fracking has freed up natural gas, and we have oil reserves offshore and on shore Obama won’tlet us touch. Don’t even get me started on the pipeline from Canada. He likes for us to have high energy prices and pay through the nose to his Muslim buddies.

What do ya’all think?

If that A hole wins again we are doomed as a nation. We might as well collectively suck some muslim jam.

Jon Olson

I want buy a volt. But Wags made a few points that are making me think. Also I will not buy a car based on if its blue ,red or green just on what works best for my budget.

Len P.S. its Olson, not Olsen 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.