Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Brad Rainey

Maybe a stupid question, but I don’t know? Does the nesting software work with any plotter? In other words, do you have to use the allen plotter with allencad?

Tom M

Well, I would hope Andy doesn’t have a problem with discussing software.

I see your point about specific brands, but I’m more than willing to talk with others. Just give more pitch and less sales.

I did not know that about the stacking. I think I would be uncomfortable not seeing them as separate pieces. If the program would allow me to pull them out from under, I think that would do it.

One of the cool things about self-nesting the build up is you guarantee that the pieces are in close proximity with each other, and you guarantee the seams are staggered. Would that be affected by this software?

Gordon Shell

Posted By Brad on 01/10/2008 10:20 PM

Maybe a stupid question, but I don’t know? Does the nesting software work with any plotter? In other words, do you have to use the allen plotter with allencad?

Not a stupid question, these should be answered by the folks that sell them.

Gordon Shell

“One of the cool things about self-nesting the build up is you guarantee that the pieces are in close proximity with each other, and you guarantee the seams are staggered. Would that be affected by this software?”

I’m sure this can be set up in one of the applications; Global is very flexible, they can customize the program to what you want.

You can write to Mike Stephens @ Allendatagraph @- mstephens@allendatagraph.com
    You can write To Vipul Shah @ Global Stone Pro -vipul.shah@globale-sourcing.com

Good Luck

Tom M

Or they could pop in here for a discussion…

Gordon Shell

I’ll notify them to join the discussion.

Gordon Shell

Was just notified that Mike Stephens is no longer with Allen Data graph. Hopefully vipul will chime in and answer questions.

Vipul Shah

The Global StonePro software works with templating and plotting devices through dxf import and export. The software allows you to clean a dxf file and use it for estimating through scheduling, inventory control and production management.

Brad, Yes you have to use the allen plotter for that. I have heard allot of bad things about the allen plotter. A good friend of mine had one. Well actually two or three. Never could get them to cut perfectly square.

I recommned the graphtec machine. Using autocad and the “bo” command I can break a top up in a matter of minutes so the hole nesting thing(that only works somtimes) is not all that important to me.

Brad Rainey

Travis,

I read your post in another topic area. I am in the same boat you were in. I don’t fab my stone but we do fab solid surface and manufacture cultured marble. I need to find the best way possible to utilize my LT-55 for that. I know you eluded to it in your previous post, but could you elaborate on exactly what you did to overcome this? Also, about how much did it cost? Money is a factor this time of year. Thanks!

Chris Yaughn

Tom,

You go on down to Jackson,

And teach’em what they don’t Know How…………

Tom M

6 1/2 days.

Thank G-d for Chris.

Post for you in the swamp, by the way.

Brad, We Fabricate Laminate tops and solid surface. I should mention that I also have a cnc. The lt-55 opened many doors and the cnc well, the doors opened so hard the hinges broke.
    Now for stone. I bought a vinyl express q100 42″ plotter. I already had the lt-55 but some of my stone fabricators dont build to exact template so i have to cut a template, set the job up in the shop and get it to where it will fit. Sounds like a pain but after a while it’s like anything, you get real good at it. I use Autocad to do all of my drawings and the software that came with the vinyl cutter to cut templates. The lt-55 was a great investment and with a plotter (even if you dont have a cnc) it will increase your speed and quality. Technically a plotter is the same as a cnc. The steps I go through to cut a vinyl template are basically the same as when I am going to the cnc. Not sure of the cost of a good plotte but I would probably budget around 4k. If you would like I could send you some cad drawings of what I do to cut a template.

George Owren

If you have a CNC you don’t need a plotter. i have cut plotter media on my CNC. you do need good vaauum. we have found it easier to use .030 HIPS (high impact Styrene) it comes in 4×8 sheets and white. you can sharpie notes or some times i cut .050 dp and engrave on the sheets. roll it up and UPS to fabricator. I use 1/8 bit 20000rpm 450ipm to a depth of .027 and it will pop out easily.

George, Thats a pretty cool idea. I never even thought of that. I probably couldnt affrord to tie up my cnc cutting templates but I bet it would be a great solution for a some guys. Then again… maybe it would be a good excuse to buy another cnc 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.