Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Brad Rainey

I,ve got an LT-55 that we use for stone countertops (we sub out the fabrication). I am trying to incorporate it into our solid surface production as well, but I do not have a plotter. Does anyone have a plotter that they use with the LT-55 to make vinyl templates? If so, would you be willing to cut out a few templates for me and how much would you charge? Thanks.

Brad Rainey

Gordon Shell

Brad,

Where are you located, I have sold a hand full of the plotters and I can check to see if there is anyone close to you that can print for you or someone can print it put it in a tube and ship it to you.

Thanks

Gordon Shell

Brad Rainey

Thanks Gordon,

We’re located just south of Jackson, TN.

Tom M

Hotter than a peppered sprout.

Gordon Shell

Try Owen Liddick A Cutting Edge Surfaces in Southern OH; you should be able to email him the file, he can print it, roll it up into a shipping tube and ship it to you within a day via Ground UPS.

Owen’s number is (740) 4231196

I’ll check my database for others also.

Brad, Not sure of your volumn but why not just buy one. If you can buy the lt-55 why not a plotter. I boght my plotter from singwarehouse.com
    I use the vinyl express q100 42″ model but am looking at upgrading to the graphtec 54″ machine. I guess at that point I would be selling the q100.

I think I paid around 4k or so.

Gordon Shell

Just a recommendation;

with a good nesting program, like allencad, you would have the least amount of waist with a 30″ plotter. the program with nest and index the pieces for you to assemple after they print.

Gordon Shell

Should have spell checked that one, oops.

Tom M

Gordon, can you expound on what happens in a nesting program? I mean, I understand the basics, but can you dump a bunch of shapes into a barrel and it sorts it right?

Gordon Shell

Templating

Tom,

The software cuts the top up into pieces with indexing marks and places in the width of the media you are using like in the pic above. The software will give you a few different choices to choose from before you print.

The blue is the top, the red is the top tiled to fit the media.

I’ll look for some better examples but hopefully that explains it in a nutshell.

Gordon Shell

Here is another nested top using global stone pro software, http://www.globalstonepro.com

Gordon Shell

you can nest manually by cutting the pieces apart and indexing them in your cad program, then drag them into the print area, its alot of work and once you use a nesting program you’ll never do want to do it manually again.

Tom M

Gordon, do you have to preestablish the separation points?
    It works with build up, etc.?
    I assume that cabinet nesting software works with graining?

Gordon Shell

I know the global software can be set up to break-out the edge stack pieces, the allen software is more for creating the single layer template but thats not to say you can’t manually add the edge pieces to the drawing to be printed.

As with any program you have to do some set up so that the software can identify the stacked edges kind of like the colored lines on your LT-55.

example:

if you set up the program to read all of your red lines as 2 layers of 1.5″ strips it would be able to break those out and nest them. (if you were using 3cm you wouldn’t have to worry about those pieces 🙂 )

The allencad program sets the separation points and index points for you, it also gives you multiple choices so if you don’t like the first layout you can re-do it with the push of a button.

I’m not trying to sell either software I have just had experience with both, there are others out there but these are the 2 I know and have used.

I can give you contacts for both that can explain each in extreme detail, dont want to get in trouble for posting here if yo want the contacts drop me a private email.

thanks

Gordon Shell

The global software does work with veining

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.