Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Itz on..I said yes to granite and jeez…the flood gates still want granite…If Al is reading this…he is gonna shoot me…but Granite is nice, easy to fab by hand…and plus I  get it cheaper than laminate…so who wantsta buy a granite cabinet kitchen???

I feel like an 8 ball now in the giant pool game of Granite VS Solid Surface
    Lenny E

Gene,

As a fellow guru of SS ..do what you like , just keep us informed with pix.

As for me, I would choose Rocketeer, over Graniteer anyday!

I hafta illuminate it…Im gonna make granite edge glowed…of course Ill rename it something cheesy like kariaca glow gold or something…Cashmere Glow..:)

Steve Poland

Easy to fab by hand please elaborate
    thanks Steve,

Len Smith

Have fun with that, Gene!

We’re an endangered species here….nothing but solid surface for the last 20 years!

thought I did elaborate steve…maybe i think its easy cause when you do vetrazzo and fill all the glass chips that constantly pop out during fab..granite is a piece of cake…of course Im not  a machine..but polishing granite is way easier then vetrazzo or glass

hmmm..but i dont sling sq feet..i got customers that want me to take 5 months on their tops..LOL

It was only a matter of time Just go ahead and add Marble to the mix as well.
    Don’t forget to prep for that OSHA visit that will be coming

Gulp OSHA…Yup..just whenya get organized and ready to make money MIke..here comes the hands out to put my net income back to same spot again....

its so hard for us little guys..you either got turn into a 50 kitchens a week guy or nuthin…after OSHA isnt it the EPA..and then of course I got the redneck mafia over here in my area Mike....you know Ill be calling u Mike about who is selling the OSHA approved shop packages..kinda like an OSHA Rooms to go..
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I cannot stand granite. It is great to sell, but the last thing on my bucket list is to install granite countertops. Just too heavy for my small little arms.

Im sure in a month Ill be saying…ok Im just selling it now and having someone else do the job…the heavy isn’t my problem..my problem people out there are selling so cheap installed….the average customer always thinks the high price person is ripping them off…..the cheap guy ri[[ing them never crosses their minds

plus i do hand fabrication which many say machine is better …to me it depends nwho doing the hand and who is using the machine…example is i see Mike Gladstones stuff on machine and it smooth as hell…but others do ever buy new bits and clean their machine tables so its wavy..
                       Uba tuba is actually cheaper in price then laminate tops…for me in my area…and 5 times cheaper than avonite…its crazy out there in countertop wal mart
    Tom M

What will you need to do to the shop to make it stone ready?

David Gerard

still not much intrest for granite here…in fact I just tore out an entire kitchen and bath set of tops and pitched them in a dumpster. The new owner of a existing home hated them. We had done SS in her other home and she loved the performance. I took no pleasure in the extraction and even tried tp save them…no luck. Im glad we dont compete with stones in our small area.
    Gene, you could sell fire to the devil, you will do good with any material…you rock!

Chris Yaughn

Tom,

He will not need much if he is already handling recylced glass products.  They fabricate basically like finicky Stones.

Tom M

I forgot about that. Good point, Chris.

Ok…I got in the ring with granite…granite is heavier..granite kicked my ass..granite is too cheap in price…but that stuff is way better of a surface for the scratch and dent can buying people that want solid surface for 20 bux a sq then call for every scratch…By by granite…First and last job I do…Im subbibg it out to my buddy Mike or if hes too busy someone else..

The granite i did do looks pretty wacked though…of course I had to put glass in the middle and backlight the edge…but its just too freaking heavy..way heavier then vetrazzo
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.