Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Brian Utz

Has anybody here used this product or ever had any problems in receiving this item?? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Hello Brian,

I have not used the product but I know Kevin and doesn’t sound like him not to get you the tool if you have placed an order.

He is an honest and reliable guy in my opinion.

have you tried contacting him direct?

Brian Utz

Hello Andy,
    I have contacted him several times and emailed him about updates at least 30 times. I actually order and paid for tool back July 19, 2010. I thought I would post to see if anyone else has had any problems with ordering etc.
    I have been using seam phantom with outstanding results and thought for the occasion when design situation occurs it would be nice to have an alternative seam method. I got the idea awhile back after reading a post here on corner seams. I only wish now that I talk to Eli polite first.

Looks to me like that tool would only be good for prefab stuff. I would never accept a sharp inside conrner.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I will try to get a hold of him.

Brian Utz

Like I mentioned before depending on kitchen design it’s great to have another seam method to fall back on. I just had I job where they had a large peninsula and leading away from corner they had a small filler and a dishwasher followed by the kitchen sink. Because of width of the slab I had no other choice but to do a European corner, otherwise the seam would have fallen in sink or over dishwasher, none of which I would ever do.

My first choice of seams would be 4″ or greater from corner with a nice 2” radius, and maybe this is just because solid surface background.

Why not pull your euro corner 4″ out of your corner. I do it all the time. I have never run into a situation where I had to do a sharp corner.

KCWOOD

but doesn’t that use more material to bring the seam 4″ out from a corner, plus do the radius corner?  

If you have a straight seam in the middle of top, do you ever run a EURO seam there? 

on a recent job, I had a very long 8″ wall cap, which had 2- 45deg angles. My guys did the euro seam on the 45’s… it was a killer look.. and on Tropic Brown, made the cap appear to be one solid piece.

Brian Stone

Posted By Travis Harper on 01 Mar 2011 01:45 PM

Looks to me like that tool would only be good for prefab stuff. I would never accept a sharp inside conrner.

What exactly is wrong with a square inside corner? We do them on just about every top that needs a seam near a corner. In my opinion the euro seam hides a lot better than a straight seam for a couple reasons. One is that you don’t have a straight line all the way across the top for the eye to follow. Second is that you don’t have a seam that goes through the edge of the top.

We have one in our showroom. I’ll have to take a pic to put on here when I get the chance. It’s the same style seam that you’re going to get with the Accu-Seam.

nssthan

I think this is a case where we are not all talking about what we are really talking about.  Here we will always to do a sharp inside corner any time we can.  What I think is important is not the asthetics of the corners, but the consistency of the variables — the edge.  If the layout lets us run everything through the inline machines, we will.  That is just because we decided that reduces both cost and potential customer concerns.  If I were primarily either a hand shop or a CNC shop seam placement is less of a concern because the variables have changed.

However, I don’t remember when it was, but years ago Builder magazine did a survey and the primary complaint that granite consumers had was the seam.  Less fitting means better chance of a better fit.

Brian Stone

Travis –
    Are you talking about a ‘sharp’ inside corner like this or are you actually referring to the seam having a sharp inside corner instead of a radius to it?

Looks Great, Brian.

Johnny C

KCWOOD

Brian, do you use Integra chameleon on your seams, epoxy.. or actual color match.

Brian Stone

Color match knife grade Akemi for seams.

KCWOOD

You should try Integra Chameleon   sometime… 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.