Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Shane Barker
    It would be nice to hear some answers in their own words but we need to keep it simple and make it a easy as possible but still give us the information we need. We could always do a test run like you say on the FabNet and see how it goes. We might even get some good feedback and ideas to make it better.

Shane

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Shane wrote

It would be nice to hear some answers in their own words but we need to keep it simple and make it a easy as possible but still give us the information we need. We could always do a test run like you say on the FabNet and see how it goes. We might even get some good feedback and ideas to make it better.

Shane

Exactly. Shane, are you going to put something together and we can add to it later or do you need some input first?

Is a good idea. I would keep it simple check box answers, but leave a space for them to elaborate if the ansewr does not fit their situation exactly or they just want to add input.

Reuben

Shane Barker
    I have a rough draft that I can send out to anyone interested in having some input. I would like to get feedback on how we should structure it so it is easy to use and still be affective.

If you would like to see it send me an email and I will reply with the form.

Shane

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I just got a copy and I like it. It seems short enough the people will actually fill it out but long enough to get some good feedback.

I haven’t been around too much lately, but I love this idea. It would be so helpful. We only do solid surface and don’t have much time in for experience since we have only been at this since March, but as a cook (although not a terribly good one….) I love my solid surface countertops. I have only had tile (which I hated) and laminate (which I also hated) in my other homes. I would be more than happy to participate in any way I can. Let me know. I think this would be a great tool!

Got my copy and looks great. Questions are good, but is there going to be a page for qaulifiying the company. Years experience, products fabricated, insalled etc. ?

Shane Barker
    Reuben,
    You should have the revised copy, thanks for your ideas.

Andy,
    I send you a revised copy as well.

Shane

Mike Fields

Got it, thanks Shane. Would you consider adding “impossible” or “not possible” to the sections on renewing, repairing scratches or repairing heat damage?

Good work.

Shane Barker

Al,

I have (N/A) not applicable to use in that case. I thought it would be
    better “impossible” might be a refutable phrase.

Shane

brian hunter

Oh, never mind…….

Chris Yaughn

Andy / Shane

I emailed a copy of a similiar document that I had started before I knew Shane was working on the same thing. Let me know what you think. If it looks like it is worth pursuing I think I can get all the questions on one page.

What I really need help with, If you guys want me to continue working on it is specefic questions that you would like to have answered? After some of todays conversation maybe we can add a question about favorite soaps or bubble bath or something

Chris

Shane Barker
    Format looks good Chris but I think Andy is going to re format it any way to put it on the FabNet as a survey. I would hate to see you waste your time, sounds like your hands are full the way it is.

Shane

Chris Yaughn

Shane,

That is a good point, maybe I’ll just work on the list of questions that I think are relevant and let Andy put it into a web-usable format.

Something tells me though, and I could be wrong (you guys would know better than me) that there are a lot of shops that could be brought to this site by a mailing of this survey, that aren’t currently online here.

What an awful run-on sentence but you get the point.

Chris

Shane Barker

Chris,

Andy and I have talked about that and we feel you are right.
    We decided to try it out on the BB first and see how it goes here then make whatever
    changes we feel necessary before we do any kind of mailing. We are trying to
    keep it as simple as possible so people will actually complete them so we will
    start off keeping the questions to a minimum. Thanks for your help.

Shane

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.