Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Gordon,

I am not ignoring you but am giving my contact the opportunity first to deal with this problem. They should be aware that the business potential with our company is huge. Our company does on average 20 cabinet units (kitchen and 2 baths) per day and my boss wants us to do half of them in solid surface.

Andy,

Post curing is when the manufacturer heats the material prior to stacking and shipping. Am not sure of all of its benefits but ensures a much better product. When we manufactured some products this did make all the difference in the world. Plus, Lenny said “it needs to be post cured” which all they should need to know. I was told by another manufacturer that 3CM should be heated in 100C for 4hrs to get the proper characteristics.

John

Gordon Shell

Your contact will be contacting very soon, I have notified corporate of your problems.

Thanks

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

gshell wrote

Your contact will be contacting very soon, I have notified corporate of your problems.

Thanks

Nothing like great service. Thanks Gordon

Tom M

We have had post-curing problems in Hi-Macs, as well as cupped sheets in Gibraltar. When I brought this to the attention of Hi-Macs (in Vegas) and W. Art (in Texas) I was told “You’re the only one who has complained of this…”.

Nothing frosts me more than hearing that (okay, lots of things do, but what’s hyperbole for, anyway?). I finally developed a standard reply everytime someone says that:

You mean you actually send me your worst material intentionally? Thanks alot for the extra service.

Tom

Shane Barker

Tom

I couldn’t agree more. And all this time I thought I was the only one this stuff happened too! For years when I would mention a problem the typical response was ” we have not had any one else complain” or “this is the first time we have heard of this problem” What a load of crap. I know if it is happening to me there are other shops out there having the same issues. That is another reason why this web site is invaluable to us fabricators. They would have a hard time getting away with that now…because we all talk!!!

Shane

Tom that, is a great response! May I borrow it?

Tom M

After the help you just gave me over the phone? You may quote away.

Tom

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Have you seen the new Formica Material? It seems to be only 1 1/8″ thick. Would this thickness still work for the tooling you already have for the EOS?

Chang Shing

Question, please, hope it isn’t to far off topic. At ISSFA this year, did anyone see the 1/8″ stuff available from several different suppliers and if so, how does it differ from the Wilson Art debacle a few years back?

Mory Ludwick

Andy,

We have received some of Formica’s 1 1/8″ material. Will let you know after we fabricate it, how we like the fabrication of it. It looks like solid surface. But heavy like granite.

Mory

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

[QUOTE]al wrote
    Question, please, hope it isn’t to far off topic. At ISSFA this year, did anyone see the 1/8″ stuff available from several different suppliers and if so, how does it differ from the Wilson Art debacle a few years back?[/QUOTE

Not sure it is any different. Laminate is thinner and applied to particle board in the same fashion. Maybe in the future it could work under the right circumstances. A warranty for fabrication cannot be part of the package.

The material will measure a true 3 cm which is actually 1 3/16″ in thickness. This is just a labeling error which will be corrected.

Matt[EMO]wink.gif[/EMO]

Tom M

Aristech is still making the material, now called Acrystone.

It is on Avonite’s website:

(in case the embed did not work) http://www.avonitesurfaces.com/products/colorAcrystone.asp

We did not havre too many issues with it, but we over fabricated our tops. Kind of defeats the purpose with yet another “bridges the gap between laminate and solid surface” product.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.