Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Has anyone had experience with installing 12″ diameter, 11 qt. drop in soup wells in 3cm zodiaq tops?  More importantly…how do you get the 2 layers of nomex to wrap and stay over the top edge of an 11-3/4″ diameter cut out.  Other hitch is that the soup well flange has an 1/8″ turn down.  any ideas would be helpful.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Are you talking about the white nomex for heat? We always taped it on with reflective tap and it worked real well. Not sure how well that would work if you are constantly taking the pot in and out of the hole.

Brian Stone

The soup well stays in and never gets removed.  Du Pont has stated that the heat tape cannot come into contact with zodiaq surface as it will transfer the heat.

yes…I have this guide.  look at the diagram on pages 4 and 5.  How do you get 2 layers of nomex around a round cut out and bent 90 degrees to provide the only support for the equipment while also making sure it does not protrude out past the flange edge considering the you would only be able to have about 1/4″ to 3/8″ wrapped at the top.  Also, won’t the nomex eventually crush down and make the .22 space shrink enough to void warranty?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Based on the drawing on page 4, you would have to have almost exact tolerances for the unit to actually hold onto the zodiaq. They show almost 1/8″ where the stainless is overlapping. How is this going to support a large stainless steel hot well.

I see the notation were is says you cannot have heat transfer.

What if you tap it on and then slide the unit in place. Once the unit is in place, cut the tape back to the flange of the stainless and apply the silicone like shown on page 4.

but that will still leave the tape touching the zodiaq…which is a no-no for Du Pont.  Is it just me or are they setting unachievable standards that they can hide behind when a failure shows up.

Bill Wolle

Guys, read the entire information. Go to page 13-14 to see how to handle small flanges. Also read page three on the bottom to see that you do not support anything on the Zodiaq but on the seperate support.

This is so much like the Corian specs.

If it is not designed for the DuPont specs it will be almost impossible to build to them.

I know it may hurt, but you must talk to and work with the DuPont tech guys with this. I know Vince in Del and he will help you make this work. Please call him!

Posted By jjdjr1 on 23 Dec 2009 10:38 AM 
    Also, won’t the nomex eventually crush down and make the .22 space shrink enough to void warranty?

jjdjr1:

I wouldn’t worry about it, you’ve got no warranty.

Page one of Fab Manual, second paragraph:

Note: DuPont does not provide a warranty for installation of Zodiaq® in commercial applications.

Joe

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.