Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Okay I did not know where to put this exactly since it is really A swan stone issue, but it is really the contact cement that has let go.

What I have is a 8 year old top (not fabricated by me, but original guy is well gone) and a huge section about 38″ by 50″ has just let go and if you wanted you could just yank this baby off. I am not comfortable saying I can get back under and get enough new contact coverage to keep it from not heppening again, so I thought about squirting a ton of yellow contractor glue or the like in there and loadin it up with a ton of weight. Do you think this will work or is it a futile effort?

All help will be taken under advisement except popping section of ande regluing becouse the are it is seamed to is still in great shape fear worse problems. Also those not familar with Swans early fab methoods think SSV (thats why I do not fab that way any more use the .400 material and head aches gone) .

Oh forgot to mention dishwasher is under this section.

Russ Cereola

Yellow glue won’t work over the old contact cement layer. Wilsonart recommended polyurethane adhesives to fix delamination problems. They had two versions. One was a moisture cure that expanded when curing. The entire surface needed to be clamped down during the process. I believe Gorilla Glue is in that family.

They later moved to a catalyst cure product. It was extruded much like solid surface adhesives from a 2-part dispensing gun. I forget what they were called – Plio-grip perhaps. I don’t see it on the website.

Do a search for urethane adhesives. Clamp the entire area being bonded because the adhesives do not behave like contact.

Reuben..would basic silicone work?? if it cant be removed can ya wedge a couple of 2x4s under dere to tighten it up..then tell the people they can have da 2x4s…you’re outta dere hopefully…not sure but even that glue from chemical concepts that holds sink hardware????

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Yea try silicone. That stuff will stick to anything.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.