Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Posted By politefab on 28 Oct 2008 11:27 AM
    its for a customer it was commishiond i do this kind of work all the time if your interested let me know each one i build is slightly diffrent so im not making duplicates the price range on this top 30″ is rite around $900 the wood cost $400 it takes a few weeks to make one because i fit it in around other work if you want one let me know

that just the top if you want a base i would have to figure a price in this case i am building the top to go an an existing base its a chrismas gift for her husband

Eli:

Your work is spectacular.

Joe

Tom M

I agree with Joe.

I agree with Joe and Tom, as a amatter of fact if thats your price, Im gonna offer them to my customers for an upcharge to me of course…Eli..people are selling laminate tables for that much these days..the Wilsonart HD goes for that

however, if you love making unique items and have fun doing…i do uinderstand why your price is not expensive…we get to save money on Therapy so it all comes out even anyway but really nice layout

I think we need to ask Andy if we can perhaps have a wood section for all the fabnetters on here to show other creations  that compliment our countertops as well….Well Andy whaddya think?

Dani Homrich

Eli,

I use to do a lot of this type of work and the rule of thumb is you should be getting EDIT BY ADMIN times the cost of materials, it all depends on what type of finish you are going to put on the top. A good finish can cost as much as 3/4 the cost of materials. Subtract that cost plus your materials and shop expense you will find that you are working for free. I also agree with Joe, Tom & Gene

Eli Polite

i haven’t entirely decided on the finish yet it depends a lot on what kind of abuse the customer will put it through. as far as price i do the hd laminate as well as solid surface and granite. so i am well ware of the cost i know this top is a little low balled but she is a repeat customer. and because of where the economy is lately its hard to just keep a roof over my head. so her thing was she wanted to keep it under $1000 and out of all materials to work with wood is my all time favorite and f i charged what it was worth i would never sell a single one of them.

i have had quite a bit of requests for them from the time i posted the pics i have time to built 1 or2more in time for christmas so if any one is interested let me know in the next few days

David Gerard

Eli,  we have repeat customers we make furniture type things for.  no money in it but tons of referals.  These few folks we do the secrect pricing for we adore so  the money is no big woop.    Excellent workmanship.   I love the walnut burl too,  a popular choice on head stocks and pick guards.

Eli Polite

here is a burled walnut sun burst i did over a year ago i have it stored away waiting for that special project. getting the book match on something like this is not an easy thing

Photobucket

Karl Crooks

All I can say is WOW, thats sooooooooo nice  !

Eli Polite

i will have more pics next week ill be putting that thing in the bag on monday or tuesday

Eli Polite

i bagged the table today and got some pics it looks great ill try to post them up sometime this week end. i haven’t worked out the finishing schedule yet when i do ill post that as well

Eli Polite

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Karl Crooks

Sweet man … Crazy sweet…. love the woods you picked to use !

Tom M

Eli, that is simply beautiful. Very nicely done.

Eli Polite

ill have more as i do the finish at this point it is treated with boiled linseed oil it has to cure for a week and than i can start the finishing process that should take about 2 weeks

Eli Polite

i will be building a base for this one the wood used is sapele (pommele), anigre(bees wing), and maple (quilted)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.