Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

This is actually kind of a response to Dani’s Quartz repair post.  But I didn’t want to hijack that thread.

It’s the challenge of the project that sucks us in, isn’t it Dani?  And who better to take on that kind of project and its uncharted course, than a guy of your imagination and tenacity.

Great job, Dani !!

Much of our reward comes in meeting that challenge and some of it in watching the customer smile while writing the check.

For many of us it’s the small things that happen spontaneously that help keep our fires burning.  Yesterday I received this note & photo from a customer that I worked for back in November.

I had removed a cracked SS sink and reconfigured the area to accommodate a seamless custom sized farmer style sink.

Very challenging, very rewarding.  The spontaneous note after the fact, just “ICING ON THE CAKE” 

I think I will do this as long as I can.

Johnny C
    Tom M

Great job, John.
    The everyday stuff is great, don’t get me wrong, but when you manage that tough job/repair/refinish and the customer beams because they thought it was impossible for them to get what you have given them, that’s special indeed.

David Gerard

a testament to your great business approach, customer care and attitude not to mention your craftsmanship Johnny.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Think about the effort the customer put forth to send you that note. It obviously meant a great deal to them.

You are right, it make it worth the effort.

Wish more people did this.

Great stuff. This is a big reason of why I love this field of work; helping people be more than satisfied with the product in their home. Congrats John, you deserve it.

Wags

Don’t mind putting your heart and soul into a project, when the customer appreciates your efforts. I still have an album of notes from customers, nice to look at them and remember “why”. Congratulations John.

Tom M

You should put a page of these on your website. I find many potential customers have taken the time to read them on my site.

Nice letters, Tom.  Putting them in a comment section of your web site is a good idea.

At this time I don’t have a web site.  We had a really bad ROI experience with web campaign last year and we have been reluctant to try it again.
    Johnny C
    Tom M

Thank you.
    I need to add a few soon. By adding them, I also tell the web crawlers that my site is not stagnant, which helps my search placement. For the record, we only spend the amount for the yearly web hosting fees, and about $300 per month for the Google Adwords campaign. I don’t see too much from the Adwords and may bag that soon.

We also advertise with Angie’s list to get higher on their search results and i do see a nice return from that.

Andy helped me out quite a bit a few years ago and i have been doing all the rest myself. Lots odf great articles out there. I can send you a few bookmarks if you want.

David Gerard

now here is a twist to having happy customers.
    We just got done with an entire house of tops, shower surrounds and some cabinets. The customer just threw us a dinner party to thanks us all who worked on the new house. They needed some upholstery work done so I gave them a referral.

A few days later my brother need to go see the upholsterer/cabinet shop about another job we are giving them. He noticed they were building a large new desk………..for our customer we referred them to.
    I felt I need to send them a polite note to remind them we did furniture (they knew) and cabinets as well as counters and would have liked the opportunity to bid this kind of work.
    I got a reply from the wife stating she “just went for it” on impulse as a surprise gift for the husband’s home office.
    The email address I sent my note to was…..the husbands.
    Probably no more happy notes from that customer , pretty sure I let the cat out of the bag
    who knew?

KCWOOD

Wow dave

I would never question a customers decision. Yes you could have, but didn’t , now she might be pissed at you and will tell everyone what a spiteful person you are by telling her husband. 
    Go with the flow… It will always come.. 
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.