Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

It has been tried before Mike but as I said today, what you don’t have to use, feel free to return to us. 17 + holes and counting with a 3/16″ blind hole diamond drill proves that you’re using them the way they are supposed to be used. How refreshing!

Ken Levy

When I took the Avonite training in Belen, NM, at their plant, there was a couple of granite guys there taking the training. One of them didn’t know anything about routers, kept trying to push it the wrong way with hillarous results to his work. He kept showing up later and later, till on the finial day, it was around 11:00 or so when he showed up.

Talk about hacked up projects, the rest of us were glad these two bozos were there, made us look good. They said they were taking the training so they could buy the sinks.

Ron W

Al, there’s more to this story than I can say right now. As soon as I can, I’ll let all of you know what extremes granite guy will go to. This granite dude is about to be summarliy spanked like he’s never felt before.

Don’t get me wrong, we have many granite companies that see a value in our service and I am very grateful for them. However, there is a certain segment of this industry that wants to play games. What they fail to realize is that I am a master at game playing!

Joe

Norm, I will take “going Al” as a compliment coming from you.

Avonite offers their class about once a month and only costs $400. While you still have to head to the factory in Belen, NM you should be able to catch a competitve fare on Southwest into Albuquerque. After 3 days you will be trained in Acrylics and Polyesters and see some great stuff on the plant tour.

Chris

60% Cheaper (+airfare), and a plant tour of seeing how they make some of the most Unique Solid Surface Colors on the market……Priceless

And they feed you a ridiculous amount for lunch, good grub as well. I enjoyed the class and learned a lot. Well worth the money and to date, every other brand has honored the training.

One thing that Avonite could do better, while we are on the subject. Add some marketing info to the class, or make it available for trainees. I kept asking how to sell Avonite against granite and kept getting blank looks. This would be of great help to business owners that take your course.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.