Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

What goes around comes around. A machinry broker called me yesterday about some of the equipment that we no longer needed. He wanted to bring a customer by this AM to look at it. From my office I saw the salesman flag the prospective buyer into my parking lot. I finished what I was doing and went downstairs to say hello. The small machine was in the front of the shop, and one of my crew pointed that they were in the back of the shop. I head back there and the prospective buyer has his back to me. I say Hello Peter and Peter says hello, and this is Pat C. My hand was out to greet him and I pulled it back. Peter, this guy stiffed me, and I looked Pat in the eye and said A$$HOLE. I walked away and got the biggest guy in my shop and came back and said to Peter “I want this guy out of here now”. That was that and the piece of human garbage got thrown out. The guy stiffed me over ten years ago for maybe 1-2k, I really don’t remember the exact amount. In the years since his name comes up once in a while and it seems that this is the way he operates. Sucked to be him this AM. Made my day though.

TIM

Steve, every state/county has guys that “operate” that way and God knows we have ours. I had a customer that owed me 16 grand, dragged his feet on paying me and to top it off, his purchasing guy, who was a stand up guy told me off the record that he was going to try and stiff me. I told the owner he had till Fri. to pay me or I would protest in front of his house and let his neighbors know what a scumbag he was.! No money on friday so on Saturday I show up with sign in hand. “YOUR NEIGHBOR IS A RIP OFF ARTIST, ASK ME WHY”. Talked to many neighbors and it just so happened he was having a meet & greet with a dozen local designers that day. Had my check before I left!

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Dave,

That is the best idea I have ever heard. Next time a customer doesn’t pay, I will send my crew over there to protest.

T

Andy, I took one of my kids. So the neighbors realized this dude was attempting to rip off a family, not just a business. Plus, there was a lesson learned in paying ones bills.

Jon Olson

Do I owe any money to any of you guys?

Mory Ludwick

Dave,

I think we are paid up aren’t we? Let me know if we are not and I’ll be sure to send a check overnight mail.

Mory

Shane Barker

I only wish I had customers so willing to pay….overnight mail even. LOL

Good idea about taking the kids, it might work out really well. I will have them wear their uniforms, ones a deputy sheriff and one is a police officer. I bet I would get a check.

Shane

jim upshaw

Attention all Fab Net members.

From this date on Dave from Federal Saw will be known as LEROY . Bone Crusher sounded to harsh.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.