Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Russ Lee

We’ve done a complete re-design on our website — http://www.sitesNsolutions.com — that I think better reflects our company and its offerings. I’d be interested in your comments/suggestions for improvement. Some of the highlights:

• A samples page of fabricator websites
    • A discussion of eNewsletters, featuring an affordable and customizable monthly newsletter distributed to a fabricator’s customer list under their company logo
    • An Article Archives section on countertop industry topics

Right now there are some fifty or so articles in the archives section with a queue of several hundred more waiting to be formatted. The link to the archive section is at the lower right corner of the home page. Authors who have submitted pieces include myself, Fred Hueston and Jon Olson, with other industry writers having made a verbal commitment to post their work in that section.

The idea is to make the archives a repository for any articles related to countertops. Hopefully, it will become a valuable resource for fabricators – maybe even a way to pass the time and/or reminisce on the history of our industry. It is not a forum (all articles are reviewed and/or edited by our staff), rather (we hope) a treasure-trove of fabrication and business tips, company profiles, humor and innovative applications. Most of the articles right now are a couple of years old or older, but we will be adding more current pieces as we catch up on the backlog.

I would very much like to include any articles you may have pertaining to countertops and countertop fabrication. If you would like to contribute, please email me at russ@sitesNsolutions.com.

We are updating the site regularly, so I invite you to check back often to see what’s new.

Russ

Tom M

Russ,

Cool Globe trackball on the slug.

The sample sites look pretty good so far. I saw Norm’s at your Orlando seminar. Paul’s looks almost – you know – Canadian…. .

I’ll go through it in more detail later, but it looks to do what you want it to.

Good job.

Tom M

Does “Old style craftsmanship meets new fangled technology” still sell well? I mention that on our site and in one of our ads, but I think it is getting so often used that it doesn’t mean the same thing anymore.

Gordon Doull

Very impressive, Russ. Great work on that.

And no, TOM, generally now it doesn’t. Now it mostly means “that old guy can’t even run that thing”. The new angle is purportedly one-on-one customer service. (i.e. a single POC that sees the job all the way through to the sign off). People are over ads that have tons of disclaimers and the dis-connections between sales teams and the installation crews.

Tom M

Gordon,

POC – Person On Call?

Just a guess.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Very nice Russ. Cleaner than the old one and very direct with the trackball mouse. I know exactly what you do without guessing or reading further.

Russ Lee

Tom,

It’s all about a unique countertop. The buzzword is personalization. Mrs. Jones is happy that her countertop practically cleans itself and is bullet proof, but she will thrill with the story of how the slab was chipped out of the side of the Andes mountains in the middle of a revolution, and carried overland on the back of a mule. The story will be related in great detail at the next wine and cheese party for her friends to drool over.

If a fabricator can create the right countertop experience that is consistent with his/her philosophy and customer base price is no longer an issue. It’s all part of the brand. If old world craftsmen using state of the art equipment to create out of this world quality is your brand, make sure all of your people act the part accordingly. Your customers will eat it up.

Thanks, ya’ll for your comments. Joe C. scored first by submitting an article on Internet Lead Generation. You can read it here: http://sitesnsolutions.com/Articles/internetleadgenerators.htm

His post caused us to create a new category for Sales & Marketing.

Russ

Tom M

Countertop Sales as Performance Art…

Kinky, I like it.

Joe’s article was pretty good. I know there are some others here who seem to have issues with these guys. I understand why Joe’s piece reads somewhat like an advertisement (as he only can speak about this company), but should there be some kind of balance? Does anyone here have a different kind of experience? It does not have to be about this particular company.

Tom

Norm Walters

Tom, I use both of the companies that Joe speaks of. They do work, but like he said, you have to be fast, and on your game.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.