Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kev uk

I have a wet room to install here in the uk, but have a number of questions i need answering before starting. The wet room is to be floor and wall covered with coved corners and underfloor heating ( electric i believe)

1. What material is best used to bond the floor panel to the floor to allow it to bed properly? ( The floor panel will have to have 2 joins in ) 
    I have considered cutting small dovetail grooves into the underside of the corian and bedding it on a flexible tile adhesive, the same as you would with tiles.
    2. Would it be best using a recessed cove block in the corners of the wall panels or adding a cove afterwards?
    If anyone has experience in this fiend i would be most great full.
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Are you referring to a shower pan or just a regular floor?

If it’s for a shower, you need to make a pan and set it on a perfectly level subfloor with silicone adhesive. You can use other adhesives but if the subfloor is level, there is really no need for some complicated process.

The seam on the pan should have a seam support just as you would on a countertop.

Let me know if you have additional questions. Not sure if that helped or not.

When you say that the floor will have two seams in it, do you mean that it will be installed in three pieces?  Or, do you mean that you will fabricate it with two seams and install it in one piece?

I am curious just how warm the heated floor will be.  Much more than about 85 degrees F. and I would be concerned about expansion differences between the floors and the walls.

I agree with Andy about the level floor and silicone.

I think a cove insert piece and reinforce the back side will give you the stronger assembly. 

Coving all the walls and the floor is complicated.  Maybe this can help jog some thoughts.  It is a shower that I did in my own house just to see if I could.

http://thefabricatornetwork.com/Res…round.aspx

Johnny C

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.