Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lori Ludwick

We have a customer that called regarding hard water spots on her Cambria top. The color is a brown. I have always told them to use soap and water, windex, 409,but none of this is working. Mory said to tell them to add elbow grease. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Lori

Wade Stein

Lori,

I’m not familiar with cambria, but one of my customers told me she uses clorox pads. Not sure if that is the right name, but she said they work wounderful on solidsurface. Don’t no from first hand, but it might be worth a try. Good luck

Wade

jp1064

Lori, we’ve sold in the past a product by AKEMI that is a white paste that you squeeze on a spot, cover with Saran wrap and tape off. You leave it for 24 hours, peel back the wrap and it will draw out stains. We have only sold it to customers with stains on granite, and it worked but was not very popular. I guess we did not meet up with to many stains. You can log on to: http://www.akemina.com and go to distributors… click on your state and it will give you a list. They also show all of there products and I’m sure one of them will work. As a matter of fact, the tube shows a water stain on the front of it.

Dave

Lori,

We had a similar problem with some Silestone once. The customer complained that the tops were defective. But it seemed it was only defective around the sink area and the bar top where they ate all the time. It wasn’t anything she was cleaning it with….according to her…yeah right.

We tried acetone with no luck. Then another fabricator told me to try BonAmi (barkeepers friend). You can get it at any grocery store. It worked. I will suggest that with anything you try on your tops, try it in a corner or a piece of scrap to make sure it doesn’t react improperly with the product.

Note about the Akemi suggestion. That product is a poltice used to “draw” the stain out thru evaporation. It won’t work in this situation as the “stain” is not really a stain b/c Quartz is none porous.

Hope this helps
    Guy

Lori,

I had this a couple of times and this is what worker for me. Integra adhesives makes a stone bonder for seams on granite and e-stone which comes with a seam cleaner/polish. We used to take the seam cleaner/polish with a white scotch brite and just rub the entire top then wipe down with some clean paper towels. Works pretty well.

John

Andre Costa

Guy, while Akemi does have the poltice product you referred to, the one I was referring to actually has a water spot on the packaging and is geared to water stains. Of course, this would still be on granite and not ES. Here’s a solution: Sell them all Solid Surface! No fuss…no stains.

Lori Ludwick

Thanks to all of you. I believe I will suggest that our customer try Bonami to remove the water spots. She needs something that is readily available and that she can use herself. However I appreciate all of the advice and will keep it in mind for future reference.

Thanks,

Lori

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.