Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Wayne

I thought I’d share with you folks what we came up with for a customer.  Our concept was first shared with Rich Magee and Jon Olson first, both giving us good ideas, then we just shot for it.

Lenny E

Very nice Wayne. Excellent work!

Steve Mehan

I LIKE THE TOP ALOT.

Although I’m not sure what the book is doing there.

Intriguing design.  good job!!!

Johnny C

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Nice work. I have two questions.

First, how do you turn on the water? Second, do you happen to have pictures of the bottom side of the countertops? I would like to see the support structure.

Steve Mehan

Posted By Andy Graves on 23 Feb 2010 05:43 PM
    Nice work. I have two questions.

First, how do you turn on the water? Second, do you happen to have pictures of the bottom side of the countertops? I would like to see the support structure.

I was wondering those questions also and would like to see how the tail piece connects to the sink for drianage.

We also  have done this type of basin.

You need to be very careful that the slot is sufficiently wide otherwise you risk having an “air block” that prevents the water flowing away. You may need to drill an air relief hole in the waste trough below (obviously above the water line).

Chuck a bucket of water in to check before it leaves the workshop.

Wayne

To all, thanks for the compliments.

We made this top based on a designer’s picture of what was needed. I 1st asked Rich @ Gemstone if they made anything like this, he referred me to Jon who said they could do it, then we got interested in taking a stab at it.

This picture is a mock-up room and was taken in our shop w/the 2 walls made from 5’X8′ MDF w/2wall brackets (not seen) and a sheet of woodgrained laminate for a floor. We had to emulate a wall faucet, so we used a couple of plumbing elbows, just showing the idea of a faucet. The book, plant, & soap were found around our shop. We ain’t no photographers and this is as best us little ‘ol fabricaters could throw together in less than an hour before it was shipped. The plumber’s using 2-1/4″ “spuds” (?) for the connection to the tail piece. Patrick, we thought of drainage too, and if there’s an issue, we left room underneath to drill a hole. Andy, Il’ll check to see if any underside pics were taken. The designer loved it & it looks like we have a couple more orders coming.
    …Wayne.

Teriffic job Wayne. Glad that Jon could help you out, never had a doubt that you could pull this off given Jon’s input and your talents.

Again, great work.

GEMSTONE

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.