Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

It’s a Wilsonart metallic called Crystal steele, S6501. I had to special order 3 sheets for a job and it came in yesterday. I have worked with plenty of metallics but this stuff had big green stickers all over it.

26 GAUGE STEEL, METAL WORKING TOOLS REQUIRED. Huh?????

Sure enough a magnet stuck to it. It’s a galvanised steel sheet with a clear acrylic coating. Called Wa and complained about no warnings on the sample chip. They sent a fab fact sheet that was all but useless. Very low rpm cutting on the saw and routers. Yeah sure, I want to cut steel on my saw and fill my dust collection with sparks.

They did not want to take it back because of the special order. Too bad for them, no warnings on the chip. They picked it up today and the driver threw it on the floor of the truck face down. They can’t send it back so they are going to toss it.

Tom M

Does it have a pattern that Chem metal doesn’t?

That’s a new one on me. What are you going to do about it? [edit] Finishing the job, I meant?

They will pick another color. 99% of our business is design/build and we have a lot of control over things like this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.