Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jason Hanson

Does anybody know who sells the 53″ template material for good price? Looking at purchasing in quantities of 20 or more at a time.

Thanks

Gordon Shell

Call me I can get you bulk pricing.

616-293-6170

Jason Hanson

Is anyone else making vinyl templates?

Max Isley

We are making some for clients new to digital templating. Since we provide the templating as a service, there is an extra charge for the vinyl. All who started with vinyl have converted to either purely electronic or layout on a slab from our detailed drawings. No regrets from anyone on that decision to date.

Max Isley, CKD, CBD, CMKBD
    Email: Max@InnoDraw.com

Gordon Shell

I have 100″s of customers working with vinyl, if you dont have a cnc or projector then it is the best way to get your projects to the saw or shop floor, some guys tape the vinyl to their finished tops as added protection.

call or write me if you have any questions

Gordon Shell

what plotter are you using?

Jason Hanson

We went with the Graphtec FC700.

We are mainly a fabrication facility so the vinyl template gives the Contractor that has the job some piece of mind. Nobody wants to eat the cost of a kitchen that they measured incorrectly and most of them aren’t doing enough jobs to justify the cost of the Laser templator.

Does Allen Data Graph actually make the vinyl rolls or do they have someone make it for them? I thought this material was something that was somewhat standard for the sign making industry but nobody in that industry seems to be using it or able to direct me to anyone that does make it; except AllenData.

Thanks for your responses Gordon, I may inquire with you yet but seeing as I already have prices from who I think you are getting it from it would be hard for you to beat it.

Gordon Shell

Posted By Jmakestops on 28 Jan 2009 04:30 PM
    We went with the Graphtec FC700.

We are mainly a fabrication facility so the vinyl template gives the Contractor that has the job some piece of mind. Nobody wants to eat the cost of a kitchen that they measured incorrectly and most of them aren’t doing enough jobs to justify the cost of the Laser templator.

Does Allen Data Graph actually make the vinyl rolls or do they have someone make it for them? I thought this material was something that was somewhat standard for the sign making industry but nobody in that industry seems to be using it or able to direct me to anyone that does make it; except AllenData.

Thanks for your responses Gordon, I may inquire with you yet but seeing as I already have prices from who I think you are getting it from it would be hard for you to beat it.

No problem, just trying to help. I don’t make anything on the vinyl just wanted to give you a recommendation, if you call Allendata ask for Gary at ext. 233, he will give you the best pricing. We like their vinyl, we tried another source once, for a customer that needed non-transparent and it was bad, the product was inconsistant and tennded to slip in the machine causing bad templates.
    I do know that Fabricators Choice was advertising some vinyl at one point, not sure of pricing or details but they are a good company to buy from.
    Good luck in your search

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.