Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We do a lot of veined material vanities. I usually run the pattern the long way and do the same on the back splash and the side splash. I have seen the pattern run up the side splash. Kinda looks wierd to me.

Which way do you run the pattern on the side splash?

Tom M

Assuming a straight top with an end splash, I would leave it up to the customer.

An “L” would depend on the length of the small leg. Small enough for a side-to-end seam? I might advise it, but run all back splashes long. I would also leave this final choice up to the customer.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

So you ask the customer each time? What would you do if you were trying to standardize the process.

Wags

If your cutting the vanity out of a 30″ sheet, then I would run the side splashes the same as the backsplash. Hence you save material and the customer money. If your using a smaller sheet I would again figure out what is the best material yeild and standardize it that way. If the customer wantes it run to match the grain of the sheet, then there would be an upcharge. I would also show it in the showroom the std way. Hope that makes sense.

Tom M

So you ask the customer each time? What would you do if you were trying to standardize the process.

I wouldn’t standardize it, but, like Wags mentioned, if an arrangement was stupid silly in extra cost, I wouldn’t eat that difference.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.