Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I have never installed a skirt under a commercial vanity counter (one of those laminated angle panels).  They are always there in place before we get there.  I have been asked to install one and was curious how.  Then, after it gets installed, how do you access the plumbing?

Norm Walters

Andy, follow the ADA guidelines for the specs. The angle panel is held on with decorative washers and screws which can be removed for plumbing access.

Tom M

I agree with Norm. There is a specific angle and dimensions on these panels that are to be rigidly adhered to.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Do you just attach a cleat to the wall?  If the countertop is long, how do you keep the panel from flexing in the middle?

Norm Walters

Andy, if the vanity area is more than 30″ you need more cleats, and they are basically what is holding everything up. If you can’t fasten the cleat to a stud, which is probably the case then there needs to be blocking between the studs to attach to.

Tom M

The best ting to do regarding warpage is to laminate or backer sheet the back side of the panel. Watch how you work your finished end as well. I have seen framing with 2 x 4’s for the support, and I have seen pre-cut panels attached with a 2 x 4 as an L shaped bracket with anchors.

Gordon Doull
    Posted By Tom M on 09/24/2008 3:45 PM
    The best ting to do regarding warpage is to laminate or backer sheet the back side of the panel. Watch how you work your finished end as well. I have seen framing with 2 x 4’s for the support, and I have seen pre-cut panels attached with a 2 x 4 as an L shaped bracket with anchors.

That is generally what we see too, Tom.

Corbels made from more laminate that are attached to the wall via 2×4’s or angle metal (CU or AL). Usually about 24″ o.c.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.