Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Davis Linder

First off very impressed with the website especially like the pics keep those flowing.

I’m a partner in a small but growing family owned countertop shop and besides a Delta table saw we basically use hand tools (mostly Festool plunge saws, routers, and sanders) to fabricate our SS jobs. I’ve been in discussion with my partner (father) on moving up to getting what I think is the next step, a big Vertical Panel but I need some ammunition to actually convince him. We do about 4 SS kitchens a week with the prospects of doubling that by ’07. I’ve done plenty of research on the saws itself but was wanting to see if I could get some real world feedback on the improvement a panel saw can bring a shop over conventional hand tooling. I would appreciate any feedback, advice, or possibly a different saw in a similar price range that might be more suited for countertops.

Thanks.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Great idea. A panel saw could easily double output with the same number of people. We would load full sheets and start cutting out the pieces. The best part is the cuts are seam quality (not 100% of the time).

If you can step up to a cnc I would do that. But if you looking to take a more gradual approach, a panel saw is the perfect solution.

Give me a call if you want to know more: 714-393-5282

I started the same way then stepped up into a panel saw. We got a streibig, real nice machine. It does save quite a bit of time because it is much easier to cut longer strips and like Andy said the quality of the cut is good. But if I had to do it again I might have saved a bit longer and stepped up into a CNC. Mahines like the AXYZ, multicam, flexicam are pretty reasonable and you wont outgrow them as fast, if your plan is to go big with in the next couple of years. I have had the opportunity to set up two nice shops so if you have any questions please feel free to call my office.

John

(239)-334-1151

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.