Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Andy,

I think it would be great to get the manufactures together with us and discuss this issue. However we might want o hav esomething for them to look at so thaey know what we are asking. as i think about us asking about warranty uniformity in the industry I am afraid they will all tell us the same thing, that they have it already. Am i wrong in stating that they all for the most part offer a 10 year warranty against failure in the sheet goods, but if failure is do to fabrication then warranty is problem of the fabricator. If this is true then they have inform warranty already. So I think what we really are asking is are they willing to adapt uniform fabrication techniques. I would think that the companies that truley want their product to be sold, promoted and fabricated with by those who do it would say yes. Now With that in mind they should be ready to answer our questions seriously and tell us why they say what they say. If most of the problems they have with warranty is from bad fabrication then maybe they need to say we need to fix that problem. By now they know exactly what creates problems in the feild for failure of their products so why not share that with us and all can make an attempt to promote a qaulity product that is fortinate enough to be able to offer a warranty. Also I would think those that want to sell more of their product would want to start doing more to help the fabricators market and educate the consumer instead of trying to become like Granite and Estone lets set ourselves apart with a product that has by far much more benifits.

My dimes worth of time and I would be more than willing to help in this process.

Reuben

Norm Walters

I am surprised all the overseas manu’s haven’t followed Dupont’s lead with respect to not beveling the seam plates. Consider the fact that alot of the overseas companies copied Corian fabrication guidelines to the letter, in fact they forgot to change the word Corian on several pages from what I hear.

Okay, so far two people have signed up, me and Rueben. Anyone else ready to get this going?

Shane Barker

You can count me in.

Shane

Jon Taylor

Ok, Shane, Rueben and me. Let’s wait till wensday or so and get the ball rolling. I am going to compare Avonites and Corian’s standards first, will post a form listing each major catagory or item side by side. Perhaps someone can proof read it as my corian manual is a few years old, and then make changes and add some other companies standards. After a few weeks of this, lets nail down a rough draft and see if Andy and Mory can find a way to put it in the survey on the home page of this site.

We need leadership and advice from some of the guys with a lot of experience in repairing tops, I can think of only two, Tom and the guy from back to perfection.

Any ideas out there to make this more easier and more productive?

Dick Berger

o.k., new thread started with a list of what I thought was relevant and important. Anyone interested in helpingout can email me to get a word pad document file so changes can be made. Thanks, AL.

Shane Barker

Avonite, Wilsonart, Staron, and Formica’s are on this site under resources. I will go through Wilsonart and Staron. Maybe we should come up with a spread sheet that will list the main fabrication techniques and the differences between companies.

Shane

okay, is there one that everyone can acces? Perhaps on the new google site for software? I’ll look it up.

Found it, on googles main page.

https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=writely&passive=true&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2F%3Fhpp2%3D&ltmpl=WR_tmp_2_lfty&nui=1

It looks like we can share the file and all work on it. I’ll play with it tommorow.

Slab Master

Shane, great idea on using the spreadsheet. I set on up, may have to work out how to make it accessable to all. Here is the link

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?id=o02031672433237940694.3997136392146596217.00115718091847649594.6925209264398133413#

I think it requires you to set up an account, for free, and if anyone is interested in collaberating I can add them to the list allowed to work on it. Anyone can view it, although I might have to find out how to get a direct link to it.

Lets shift this conversation to the new thread about fabricator/warrantee standards rough draft.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.