Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mory Ludwick

We have alot of displays around town and alot of other shops get jobs off of our displays. So we have decided to put drain boards in all of our display tops. Our drainboards also have a slant in them so they start out at one depth and get deeper as they reach the sink. Now we are starting to get a little bit of fedback from the guys without CNC’s. They are getting a little miffed off at us now. Just protecting our turf.

Mory

Matt Kraft

Sounds like these guys need to figure out how to fabricate.

Sloping drainboards are possible without a CNC, just much more difficult. If you force them to do them that way, they will surely have a much higher cost factor than you, Mory.

Either way, good for you.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Good one Mory. Always thinking arn’t you?

Shane Barker

That’s funny Mory,

I did the same thing when I did displays for a Lowe’s store. They had specified a drainboard in one of the tops so I did one that I designed with the cnc. It is basically four squiggly lines that slope into the sink. When I was first learning how to do the slope I just drew a squiggly line and copied it to make four and did the cut, well it came out first time and the lines looked pretty cool so I made it a standard drainboard offering.

I am only doing the Hi-Macs for this particular store and another company is doing the Formica and Corian. When their installer saw my drainboard he said they don’t have a cnc and they just use the typical drainboard templates that you can buy and that there was no way he would try to match ours. I felt sooo bad, I even felt worse when I found out it was the only drainboard on display. LOL

Shane

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.