Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Gordon Doull

Not being fabricators, we could never hold a candle to the creative genius (madness)often displayed around here. Guys like Jon, Gene, Andy, Tom and many others have proven themselves as masters of solid surface art. That said, this came out kinda cool.

It’s frosted glass and sky glass Avonite. We found that if translucent glue was used between the different colors, it blended colors better when the light hit it. My partner Ron, who’s son is a musician, made the “glue up” into a guitar. It’s really something to see under bright lights.

I knew you “weekend music thingy” boys might get a kick out of it.

Cool, huh?

Tom M

G-Man, that is truly sweet. Is the pick guard frosted glass as well as the back?

Strat pickups, I assume a five position switch? Looks it might have a telecaster neck.

Did you guys contour the body at the back?

Seriously, kudos to the guy who designed/built that beauty.

Karl Crooks

Thats sweet Gordo….. Hows it sound ?

David Gerard

Waaaaay Cooool!!!!

Gordon Doull
    Posted By Tom M on 07/14/2008 10:12 PM

G-Man, that is truly sweet. Is the pick guard frosted glass as well as the back?

Strat pickups, I assume a five position switch? Looks it might have a telecaster neck.

Did you guys contour the body at the back?

Seriously, kudos to the guy who designed/built that beauty.

Tom –

No, the pick guard is the standard pearl guard, but it does match pretty well, huh?!

You guessed it, Fender telecaster it is. Fully contoured front and back.

Thanks! Like I said, you should see it under spotlights.

Karl – It sounds surprisingly good. Better than I expected frankly.

Tom M

Whoa! Can’t believe I missed this! G-Man – did they use the brass inserts for the pick guard attachment, or thread the 1/32 nd into the material?

That’s really nice Gordo. I love seeing those colors being used somewhere besides countertops.

Brent

Karl Crooks
    Posted By SAI Gordon on 07/15/2008 12:04 PM

Karl – It sounds surprisingly good. Better than I expected frankly.

Gordo I have always been told that solid surface has great sound qualities, we have done some repairs on some high end speakers that where made out of solid surface. Pretty cool stuff G-Man ! Koodous to Ron and the K-Man also !!!

Jon Olson
    Nice work Bro!!!

Norm Walters

Looks great Gordo, now we need a pic with the Bro with the Fro and the solid surface Telecaster on the front page of the Surface Fabrication Magazine. Tag line ” Rock n Roll Fantasy”

I can see it now a whole line of Gordo Glass geetars…I wanna Ruby Red Glass one….with no strings cause Im only good at the ‘Air geetar”…I mean I really look like I know what da hell Im doing

I bounce up and down like a freak…I will only do a Pete townsend if you buy the sheets though…if not I’ll probaly play some engelbert humperdinck

David Gerard

G-man, hows about a Bro with the Fro pic . The same set up as the infamous poster with the babe and telecaster. Wear the pink fabnet T lean that baby on your back, cock your head cute like? What do ya say brother? You can wear those white shorts too.

Tom M

YES!!!

Brilliant!

You’re a genius, David.

Norm Walters

What he said.

David Gerard

Now for Gene, hows about you makes a “Green Gitter” ? A concrete guitar ..hmmmm Hung way down low… wearin a back brace. Don’t do no Pete Townsend though, you be fixing holes in the stage.

Tom, once in a while a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Norm, Geeze, I looked back to your previous post, stepped all over that sorry brother

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.