Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Anyone know of some thick silicone? I may have to silicone up under an edge that has a 1/4″ to 3/8″ gap. I think regular silicone will fall out when the gap gets too wide.

Thanks in advance,
    Andy
    David Gerard

Lexel? its forever too once it grabs hold and sets.

1/4 to 3/8? yikes! dont you have a couple of elephants lying around to stuff that size gap with?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

No kidding, that is a big gap but there are really no option at this point. We will have to see what the inspector says.

Seth Emery

Hi Andy. Could you use something like this rope caulking before you put the silicone on? I’ve seen it used up under window sills where the walls weren’t finished appropriately.

KCWOOD

Posted By Andy Graves on 01 Jul 2013 10:31 AM

No kidding, that is a big gap but there are really no option at this point. We will have to see what the inspector says.

Seth is right, you gonna have stuff the crack first. Go to a commercial glass store. I’ve seen thier installers with reels of what looks like a foam rope, different dia. They will fill the gaps and then use a grey thick caulk like stuff. I’ve seen them do at least 1/2″-3/4 in places.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Never thought about that but I have seen it around windows and the gaps are usually pretty big.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.