Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gordon Shell

I will be in Chicago next week @ The Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo http://hcarefacilities.com/, any fabnetters attending?
    EOS Surfaces will be introducing a brand new product to the industry!
    I cannot give the exact details on the product until we do our reveal at the show but Kevin Cole and some others will be ther to cover the release. Please stay tuned next week, as soon as I am able I will post the new product and details here for you guys to review.
    Very exciting stuff, just had to put out a teaser.
    The show expo dates are Sept 20-21 @ Navy Pier, Chicago, hopefully I’ll get to see some of you there in person.
    Thanks

Gordon Shell

EOS Surfaces Launches First Copper Oxide-Infused Solid Surface Countertop

Yesterday, EOS Surfaces, LLC launched its latest product, Cupron Enhanced EOS, at the Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo in Chicago. Over the past fourteen months, the Company has been working with Cupron, Inc. on the development of a new countertop material based on a solid surface platform with the integration of Cupron’s Copper Oxide antimicrobial technology. Cupron is a patent-protected proprietary copper-based technology that harnesses the superior antimicrobial powers of copper within a polymer structure. Cupron technology is currently being used in the textile and polymer industry. EOS’ strategic alignment with Cupron will make Cupron Enhanced EOS the world’s first copper-oxide infused solid surface countertop.

Cupron, Inc. improves people`s lives by transforming ordinary products into extraordinary products. Every day they focus on implementing new ways their technology can help solve some of the world`s larger health and lifestyle issues. Among other places, Cupron has been featured in The Wall Street Journal (click here) and has participated in humanitarian efforts. In October 2010, Cupron’s socks were given to the Chilean miners on day 36 of them being trapped in the mines, playing a major role in protecting the miners’ feet and helping enhance their well-being. Click here to learn more.

To date, Cupron has 3 registrations with the EPA that permit the use of Cupron Technology across all non-invasive applications. Currently these registrations permit anti-odor, product protection, and anti-dustmite “public health” claims language. Cupron also has an FDA listing for Cupron Enhanced anti-odor hospital bed linens and a European CE Mark for the use of a Cupron Enhanced anti-viral mask effective against H1N1 and avian influenza viruses.

For cosmetic applications, Cupron has achieved recognition by the International Nomenclature of Cosmetics Index (“INCI”), where Cupron Copper Oxide has been recognized as a trade name and Cuprous Oxide recognized as official INCI name. EOS Surfaces, with Cupron, Inc, is currently engaged in ongoing consultation with the EPA and we will bring you updates as we proceed through this process.

EOS Surfaces is excited about the potential this new partnership brings both the company and the industry!

<form> id=”searchform” role=”search” method=”get” action=”http://eos-surfaces.com”> </form&#062;
    Gordon Shell

How Cupron Enhanced EOS Works

Since Egyptian times, Copper has been known as a microbial killer. While the exact reasons for copper’s negative effect on microbes are not fully known, it is generally agreed that copper ions cause a series of damaging effects on bacterial, fungal, and viral cells. Some of the common theories are that the copper causes leakage of potassium or glutamate through the cells’ outer membrane; the copper disturbs the osmotic balance; the copper binds to proteins that do not require copper; and copper causes oxidative stress by generating hydrogen peroxide.

By combining the extremely hygienic, non-porous nature of EOS Solid Surface with the tested, cutting edge technology of Cupron, Eos is able to offer hospitals, schools, military facilities, hospitality, and homeowners a defense against the rising tide of the planet’s microbes. Every sheet of Cupron Enhanced EOS Solid Surface is infused with Cupron technology on all exposed surfaces. Hence, no matter where the sheet is cut, or what part of the sheet is exposed, the Cupron copper-oxide is present.

Cupron is not a film or liquid chemical application. In fact, the Cupron particulate within the EOS slabs can actually be seen by the human eye. The mixture of Cupron particulate into the EOS makes the power and effectiveness of the copper indefinite. It cannot be worn off or become less effective over time.

EPA Testing

Cupron Enhanced EOS is engaged in ongoing consultation with the EPA. We will bring you updates as we proceed through this process.

send me pricelists…Im ready to show awf to people..sounds great..congratualtions 🙂

Tom M

If we line the bottom of our boats with this material, will we keep the barnacles at bay?

Tom, spot on !

I made once a Gelcoat with cooper in it, but the Harbour Authority did not like me and today

with all the Enviromental issue’s you will be jailed.

I have a simmiliar product like EOS, but not using cooper.

Lenny E

Congrats Gordon.

Sounds similar  to the anti bacterial additives (some of them metallic) from Micro-Ban. I think Silestone uses the Microban in their products.

Interestingly, I worked on a series of anti microbal additives for SS back in the 90’s that worked well. Legal killed the project as a liability issue. They were afraid the anti microbal additives would get left out of the sheets, someone would get sick (which has nothing to do with the solid surface) and would file a frivolous lawsuit that our pansy court system would force us to pay out on.

A word to the  wise, with your product being made in China, I hope you have taken precautions to insure the copper oxide ends up in every batch. I would venture to guess with the copper being large enough to visually identify in the pattern helps in that respect.

While I don’t think it will be an issue, I assume you have dotted the i’s and crossed the t’s as far as NSF is concerned. Those toxicologists at NSF have been known to kick back product for the most stupid reasons.

Anyway, best wishes and good luck with the product! I think you have a good niche with the product! 

Tom M

A gel coat with copper! Brilliant!

You’re right, though, it would have been a disaster with all the clean harbour laws now.

Venio

Any news/ pic about this new product ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.