Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Norm Walters

http://www.examiner.com/article/hou…dent-obama

This is very personal for me.

Lenny E

Ooorah!

I don’t think I’m allowed to say that. I have never been a Marine or even in the military. This issue has been swept under the rug for years.

Finally its out in the open and the Soldiers who put their life on the line for us are getting a fair shake with respect to the poisoning they endured.
    I worry about our Govt. and people.  The US govt. has robbed SS and Medicare over the years, replaced the bucks with IOU’s. It has the old folks worried.
    This story gives me hope that our government can and will still do the right thing if the people hold their feet to the fire long enough!
    Hey hand me a few more  logs and some gasoline, and a red hot poker………I wanna discuss those SS IOU’s for all that money I’ve been paying all these years with these gummit guys. 
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Why is this so personal for you? Did you spend time on this base?

Norm Walters

Andy, my wife and her family lived on the base, as her father was a Marine. My wife was diagnosed with Chronic Myloid Lukemia in 2005. Her brother died of Non Hodgekins Lymphoma at age 48. Both diseases are listed as being attributed to the contaminated water.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

So I take it they are going to step up and take care of any medical expenses? That would be great if they did.

Norm Walters

Well, only if you can’t get insurance.  My wife is a nurse and has insurance so no entitlement there.

Lenny E

I hate to see this kind of stuff.

I have never been in the military, but I think and feel strongly that when a soldier puts his life on the line for God and Country we need to take care of them and the families. Hey they can buy Obama phones for all the lazy, non producing haters , but they can’t take care of our servicemen? What’s up with that?

Remember the cheap installs with the electrically heated shower nozzles that fried some of our boys in the ME?

Norm, I hope that all works out, but it ain’t gonna work out unless we hold their feet to the proverbial fire!  (stocking up on logs and gasoline as we speak).

What can I and fabnetters do to help? 

Norm Walters

Lenny, it’s all good. The leukemia she has is a rare one that they have developed a pill for. Just take the pill and all is well. Without insurance the pill is 9K a month, yes 9K!!  Thank God we have insurance.

Lenny E

Norm,

9000 dollars a month for pills. Geez!

My wife and I will keep Susan in our prayers.

We both hope she gets better soon!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.