Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hey gang,

Andy and I recently put in a kitchen display of Corian Rain Cloud on white cabinets  in our showroom.  It is an L-shape top so we can let folks know what the material will look like at a seam.   It also has the 881 seamed in sink and a cove splash on it.  You should HEAR the reactions we are getting with regard to this display.

Many of the magazines right now are showing white cabinets with White Carera marble countertops on them, which is fine.  We also fab and install natural stone countertops and are happy to provide our customers with which ever product they choose.  HOWEVER… you can’t cove or put a Corian seamed in sink in a Carera marble countertop.

The major PLUS PLUS to this story is when I tell folks that the display is Corian, they say, “THAT’S CORIAN?”   Many people still think of Corian as plain white or oatmeal speckled materials that were popular in the late 80’s.  When people get excited about the new Private Collection colors many of my quartz and granite customers ultimately end up purchasing Corian or other solid surfaces like Staron and Livingstone.

One other tid bit… our new Staron shower pan and wall display has easily doubled our solid surface shower business in the last year.

The moral to this story…SHOW OFF THOSE SOLID SURFACE MATERIALS!!

Take care everyone!
    Val

Jon Olson

Yea Baby!!!!!!!

Tom M

Val,
    Did you seam with the grain or turn it?

Len Smith

Valerie, we need pictures. Get the Andy-Cam going.

Karl Crooks

Val, sounds like a good look, what finish did you guys go with ?

PIX Please

We went with the grain on the seam, did not turn it and we gave it a semi gloss finish using Dany’s Perfect Finish.
    It looks FABULOUS. I have had several people come in and ask if it is Carera Marble.
    Let me work on some pictures for you and I will post them.

Love ya!
    Val

Val:

If you really want to close some sales, get in a chunk of real marble. Have the customer “spill” some orange juice or vinegar on it and watch the fun.

Joe

Jon Olson

Good point Joe.
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I will get pictures posted, the display is almost fiinished.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.