Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lenny E

Andy and Linda,

Thanks for all the hard work on the Lumistone ad. It looks great. Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to support FabNet.

B Rgds,

Lenny

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Howdy Lenny.  No problem at all.  Glad to see we got the ad working the way you like.  It’s pretty cool the way it actually shows how it glows.

Thanks for participating and thanks for supporting the FabNet.  Without the support of the vendors and manufacturers, there wouldn’t be the FabNet we all know today.

Jon Olson
    Hey Lenny In need to rout out 8,000 Letters in Lumistone. Some of the 1 inch letters need to be bent. Any recommendations on the temp and heat times?
    Lenny E

Hi Jon,

I will email the info to you. Thanks for using Lumistone.

B Rgds,

Lenny

Lenny E

Hi Jon,

Is this a trick question? You forgot more about T forming than I will most likely ever know.

Sorry, Im still looking for your email addy. Heres my answer-Temps are 320 +/- 20 F. For best results Make sure the sheet surface is 320 F and the interior of the material (middle) is at least 300 F.

Try not to go over 340-345F as its not good for the material (may blister etc). Try not to set your oven above 340-345 also.

Dwell time (heat time) depends on your oven, or platens if you are using them, A good method I found is to place a themocouple in a hole drilled to the midpoint (middle of a sheet) of a sheet, and another on the sheet surface.

Calibrate the time it takes your particular oven to reach 320 surface and 300 midpoint temp. Also check cooling time once the sheet is removed, to give you an idea of working time and how long it has to stay clamped.

Did I pass the test?

Also let me know if you reccomend anything different. Ill go with anything you say, when it comes to T forming, after all, you are one of the worlds foremost masters at that art.

Thanx,

Lenny

Jon Olson
    Hey Lenny Sorry I missed this. Good Information. I’ll let you know next week if you passed the test.

Tom M

Jon, are you still using the Polytherm?

Jon Olson
    Hello Tom.. Yes. We just purchased another one. I hope to have it installed before the tour . Going to be close. The one we have now I think is sold. Just waiting for the buyer to make sure of the sale.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.