Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jon Olson
    Just heard TFI is
    out of business. .

Len Smith

There are a couple of businesses that started up and were largely fed by business being handed to them by a large manufacturer to fill a void that the manufacturer had. I know of two such companies, and both are now out of business. It was a great gig for a few short years, but once the flow of “automatic” business slowed or disappeared, the overhead was too great to sustain. Could be the case for TFI?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I also believe that TFI made products that local fabricators are now willing to make. It is easier to throw out the TFI sink offerings and just sell the standard sinks. TFI was just too much trouble and for us, it really didn’t persuade anyone to purchase.

Tom M

Jon, TFI was the same company you referred to in that other post about the MASCO (or Masterbrand?) company that was closing. At least I think they were.

If I have my history correct, TFI was a west coast company. One of the first “converters” that Len mentioned. They bought Central Sales in New Jersey and it became the TFI eastern branch, so to speak. WilsonArt teamed up with either Cosentino or Technostone and entered the quartz world for a very short time. Central sales was fabricating the material for them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.