Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Matt Kraft

Went and measured a house today for a lady who was a teacher of mine in grade school. Evidently she is re-married and to a VP of our local power company. The same local power company (AmerenIP) who lobbyed to the State of Illinois to get the 15 year rate freeze repealed. Our power rates are expected to increase 40-60% next year, depending on local service levels. What a deal.

Well, I figured out where the money is going. They have two junior high aged children. Building a house that is roughly 4500 square with a finished walkout basement, Olympic sized inground pool, and an indoor car wash bay in the basement.

The good part is between the 345 square feet of Silestone, roughly 12 sheets of Mystera for the basement bar, and some other solid surface and cultured marble we are dinging them for approx $45,000.

December should be a good month. The house is only about 2 miles from our shop.

Karl Crooks

Sounds like a nice jobs

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Good News Matt…The FabNet just repealed a 15 year freeze on countertop prices. Go ahead and tack on another 40% and just let them know I said it would be ok. If they have any question please have them give me a call.

Tom M
    There are them’s that have and deserve it,
    There are them’s that has and don’t.
    As long as the green is shiny and clean,
    Tell them apart, I won’t

Tom

Tom M
    Put some beers in me, though and all bets are off.

Tom

Bill Pomeroy

DON’T get me started on power company execs and their bullspit. I have a story on that but decorum prevents me from sharing at this point. My father worked for the local one for 3 decades…I’ll be back!

Tom M
    I guess, when it comes to executive salaries, there is a bit more “quasi-” than “-public”

Matt Kraft

Actually, the entire master bath was on a seperate order evidently.

The total is closer to about $54,000. Rumor has it the millwork and cabinet total was about $110,000.

Wow. Our little hillbilly town doesn’t have a lot of houses like this one.

Shane Barker

Boy, I could use a job like that about now.

Shane

KCWOOD

Matt, what if the cabinet guy did solid surface too, or you did the woodworking? My last job was a 10,000sq ft house. I thought it was complete, but now the owner wants an Irish Pub in his basement! Now that is a FUN job!!This is why I only take on about 2 big jobs per year, cabinets and surfaces.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.