Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Gordon Doull

I agree with you here, Jon.

We, of course, have less to derive from the classes in general but more from the networking in that a lot of the vendors can become our customers. I do hope that this is not a dying beast.

STONE AGE………..That’s funny.

Wags

Jon,

Im up by 5 am, out by 6 typically… if you want them worms, need to get out early !

As far as the show, Ill ask again, why not roll it into, or at least at the same time, as another show, to help with the draw? Be interesting what the attendance is this year. Use to be the mfg would hold distributors meetings in conjunction with the expo. announce new colors etc. Last year much hype about the “4 presidents” on one stage, not one was displaying at the show… duh.. I always enjoyed going to the show, meeting customers and vendors, but, I can see most of this at other shows and not have the investment in time or money. Things change, I wish the show well.

On another note, I read where Hi Point use to be “The”show for furniture, is now being replaced by the Las Vegas furniture show… times change, rather we like it or not.

I pretty much go for the seminars only, this year I’ll be going to meet with fabnetters and more of the friends i made thru networking…I dont blame the MFGs for not going, i would rather Avonite save the money and lower the price of my sheets

I think its stupid to to set up a booth to fabricators and show them samples we already know about…or give them little candies and a pen that is even not made outta ss, the rest of actual floor stuff is pile in a mountain of spam and junkmail in my mailbox,

Now when I see something new. I hope i see something new…but think about it..If it werent for the seminars and friends….do you really need to see the cnc make a cutout or a clamp squeeze a seam??? or meet ss reps who aren’t yours…MFGs save that money and lower the sheet prices so we can sellmore of it and that helps us all…heck pretty SS is more expensive than granite

whats going on???

Norm Walters

Gene, I am pushing Hi-Macs right now, the sheet price was lowered at the beginning of the year, and their free solid surface sink promo is going to be continued into next year.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

FabNet should have t-shirts to give away. That makes it worth it.

I have purchased a lot of tools and equiptment at the show or after because of the contacts I’ve met. It is important to support the industry by participating in events that talk about and contribute to you industry.

It is important to get together once a year to meet new people, talk with old friends and say hi to your current vendors.

Kevin Cole

The e-mail with the free show registration offer should be going out around the 7th, so anyone that is on the e-blast list will be getting it then. It will explain exactly how to sign up for the show for free.

Sorry once again about the problem, Gordon. I’m glad we got it all sorted out.

Best,

Kevin

Posted By SAI Gordon on 12/13/2007 10:00 AM

Kevin got with me off-line on this. You guys may have been registered for the free stuff and not know it. I was. Apparently, the site does more than it lets on to the user.

Anyway, he’s on it. It should be fixed in no time, I’m sure.

Jon Olson
    Hey Guys at this years show I’m doing a seminar called Cutting Edge Solid Surface design along with Martin Funk, He owns the company called Rosskopf +Partner Germany. The have done most of the premier jobs out there . This guy knows his stuff.

Where going to show some cool projects but also discuss how you can get involved and what you will need to do this type of work.

This years show is really going to be a class act. Don’t miss it. Lots for you to learn.

Yea for some of you Las Vegas is not your favorite place to go. But get in and get out. If your fully in tuned with the show you want get distracted.

Lots of networking for you as well.

Tom M

Jon,
    As I won’t be going this year, you wanna bring a little of that new design lovin’ to the Irish Pub on Wednesday?

AWWWWWW MAN……..Tom you wont be going either Darn that sux…….Lenny isnt going either, Fedsaw dave…well at least i see him often…but darn…youse guys better go next year………For three shows in a row, i have been like a kid whistling in the dark…didin’t know as many people as I know now…hmmm what a coincidence, i wasn’t on Fabnet either…..

pssst…..thats a hint newcomer.!..get active on this site…Stop being a spectator and lets get together at the show a shoot the breeze( dam as i just wrote that I dont know what that means, but all the cool kids say it)

anyway all youse potential fabnetters will make lots of freinds that will also give youse money saving tips…..

Tom M

If it’s going back to Orlando, or some other eastern cline, I’ll be there, Gene.

David Gerard

Dudeskis.. We , Me & Lisa may go to Orlando next year too, I think she wants to go just to meet fabnetters and their significant others. Gene, she’ll get out the Yagermister with ya. I’m gonna spend the Vegas $$ to possibly go to the Avonite class in NMX.

Tom, will dere be Irish music in da pob? Yare killin me hare. Someone bettar be havin a Jamesons for me now da**it!

Tom M

If they serve it, I’ll have it for ya.

Jon Olson
    Hey Tom +Dave plenty of Irish whiskey can be found at the pub

http://www.oconnorsrestaurant.com/index.htm

Should be a productive night. Lets get some things accomplished to help the industry

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.