Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Shane Barker

My son the police officer is up this week and wanted to go shooting if I had time today. Well I made time because he brought up his new weapon that was just issued to him. It is a M16 with the burst feature, three rounds with one pull on the trigger a couple of quick pulls in a row is just like a full automatic. It was a great stress reliever. On my last measure of the day I asked the customer if there was a range around close, he said yeah this way and took us out side and showed us a big dirt pile. It was great, he moved some tractors and equipment around and we had an instant range. As it turned out he had just bought a new 30-06 and wanted to site it in. We had a blast and shot up a whole lot of brass.

Shane

So what did use use for targets or were you just seeing how fun it is to fire an M16?

Shane Barker

My son had made up target stands from some pallets at the shop and we used standard targets. Full silhouettes would have been fun but we didn’t have any.

Shane

Norm Walters

Marines qualify by shooting the M-16 at sillouette targets 500 yds away, with no scope, quite impressive.

Shane Barker

I have to say I was very impressed with the accuracy of the open sites, it shoots a very fast round and is a very easy gun to shoot accurately, unless you are firing off rounds so fasts the gun kinda does its own thing. Not that I did that…but I could see it happening.

Shane

I’m assuming no farm equiopement was damage in this stress break. Kinda jealous after the truck going down today I could of used a M16 to well fix something ….

Glad you had a good time.

Chris Yaughn

So that is how the other half do it.

I am relegated to a poor mans M16 (Ruger 10/22 w/ some goodies) to blow off steam. The rounds are alot cheaper though.

Chris

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

The manufacturers should give away M-16 for reaching certain sales goals. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.