Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi All
    If I could get some feedback from you guys I would really appreciate it. What in your opinion would be the best stone router (non cnc) for sink openings and profiling? and why would you chose the particular one?

thanks

David

Brian Stone

Magnum and Sector are the two big names for “hand held” routers. You should also consider a radial arm machine like a Park Wizard. You can also use that to actually do the sink cutouts.

Posted By David VanderSchaaf on 25 Feb 2011 05:12 PM

Hi All
    If I could get some feedback from you guys I would really appreciate it. What in your opinion would be the best stone router (non cnc) for sink openings and profiling? and why would you chose the particular one?

thanks

David

Other then a radial arm, there isn’t one that will do both.  Like Brian mentioned, Magnum and Sector are both good for profiling, but neither have spindles that spin fast enough for cutting sink openings.  If you want a hand held for that, we use to use an Antrax from Braxton for cutting sinks.

The two operations are both individual and you must tackle each separate.

Profiling….Sector or Magnum

Cutting sinks….Antrax, Wizard or wire saw. (or of course by hand with a blade and grinder)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.