Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Shane Barker

Some time ago my spindle off my
    Komo CNC was faulting out and I made what turned out to be a very big mistake.
    After researching for a repair facility I felt I found the right place to have
    the repair done. The company I used is D&R Auto Chuck or Ekstrom-Carlson,
    they go by both names. This company did not only damage my spindle they never
    fixed the problem.

Ekstrom-Carlson had admittedly
    broken a pin connector on the spindle; however they did not tell me until I
    found it for myself. My spindle worked for about eight hours after I received
    it back from them before it started to do the same thing. I had asked them how
    they wanted to help me out on this and they said I needed to send it back to
    them, well I don’t know what you would have done but after finding out that
    they did not tell me they broke a part and that they never fixed the spindle
    right the first time I was not about to send it back to them.

To add insult to injury
    Ekstrom-Carlson offered me a 500.00 in store credit, not only was my repair in
    excess of 1400.00 I can’t believe they thought I would actually send it back to
    them or ever use their company again.

In business mistakes happen, it
    is a given. How a business deals with these mistakes is what separates the
    quality minded business that have honor and integrity from the ones like
    mentioned above. Please be careful and remember this name if you ever research
    a company to do repairs, don’t make the same mistake I did.

I ended up sending it to
    American Precision Spindle to have the repair done correctly but of course in
    the mean time my machine was down and I had to pay twice for the repair.

Shane

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I don’t know if you have sent in your spindle, but this company had me up and running on the phone. They didn’t charge me a dime to help me. My spindle started vibrating and It seemed like the chuck. I called them, they sent over an email with instructions on how to disassemble and clean. I did what they said and it worked great.

Check their site.

Shane Barker
    This happened several months ago. I was giving the company a chance to admit their mistake and step forward to make it right, but they decided not to. The second company fixed it and it has been running great ever sense.

Shane

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.