Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    George Owren

I need inside contact information for specialty tools to resolve a problem with a purchase. I have phoned and also left a message in their contact tab(seems to more for sales than a customer servic contact) with no response.

Thanks George

Norm Walters

George, welcome to the club. I know quite a few other fabricators who have had the same problems, including myself, I don’t use them anymore, and neither do they. Hey, it’s not slander or defimation if it’s the truth, and I will give names upon request. I also hope John Michaels is reading this, I am still getting spam from his company even though I have unsubscribed.

P Sreenivas

Me too, having unsubscribed three times. Even the Spam filter on the email program doesn’t catch the trash from specialty tools.

Their spamming is what pissed me off about the company. Not suprised to find out they have poor customer service as well. I wouldn’t buy a nickels worth from a company like that.

katedoe

Geez I just registered there today and placed my first order what the hell am I in for guys?

I template with polystyrene strips and they seem to be the only reseller for the new clips to hold the strips on the cabs… I can’t remember the manufacturer name right now I saw it in a trade rag just today.

Tom Costello

We were offered those, we declined. Waste of time IMO.

http://www.fabquick.com/products.php…. Here is a link for the clips i think your talking about…..think your right to they are the only reseller of them

Norm Walters

Kevin, my experience with Specialty tools is as follows and took place between 2005 and 2006.

Ordered a Beaver Seam Leveler, it came in the mail, box was a little light, there was no tool in the box, there was however a replacement bit, although not for a seam leveler.

Ordered a Perfect Edge 22 1/2″ angle, they sent me a Joint Plate instead.

Placed an order on their website, never recieved the order, called the company, they had no record of it.

I was first introduced to Specialty Tools at ISSFA’s ITEC in Henderson, Nevada. Since this company was recommended by ISSFA I assumed this was the best thing going for fabricator, I mean ISSFA’s is an association that promotes the solid surface fabricator, right? I believe the motto now is “promoting the solid surface industry”, that may be more fitting.

ISSFA members are supposed to get a discount from Specialty Tools, I have never seen the discount appear on any of my invoices. This was brought up on the Fabnet some time back, I was actually defending John Michaels on here, until I emailed him and asked if ISSFA members were suppose to recieve a discount, and he emailed me back and said “yes”. No one participating in the thread on here received a discount.

I understand that problems do occur in business, and they are normally resolved quickly, but it seems that problems are the norm in relation to this company, in my opinion, based on the recent post, and many before it.

Thanks Norm… I found them to be the only supplier of the clips and when I ordered them I was supposed to put in a code from an ad I saw and get a 10% discount. I hit the redeem button and I didn’t get no discount but proceeded with the order anyway.

I agree everyone has trouble from time to time getting things right but this doesn’t sound good!

I’ll keep you guys posted on my experience to come.

MUrban wrote

http://www.fabquick.com/products.php…. Here is a link for the clips i think your talking about…..think your right to they are the only reseller of them

Those are the ones and they seem to be the only reseller.

Ever play Monopoly Kevin ??

FEDSAWDAVE wrote

Ever play Monopoly Kevin ??

Kinda sucks don’t it?

Joe Lukomski

…if you’re a fabricator I suppose.

Dani Homrich

George,

Give Ken a call @ 800 669-5519 ext 106 I talk to him today at home and he said he will have the problem resolved by noon.

Kevin, call Ken he will fix your discount it could be a glitch on the web page.

Norm and Al, I know there where problems in the past, but they have been 99% corrected call Ken and he will make sure you stop getting e-mails.

I know specialtytools does not have access to the members area, this is why I am posting here.

For all of you that have a currant problem or could in the future give Ken a call 800-669-5519 @ ext 106 do not trust the web, things sometimes get lost call him on the phone.

Dani

Gus Cabanela

“Do not trust the web.” Utter bunk! You see Dani, let me give you a little HONEST hypothetical. Say a web site runs a product at $100.00. Yet when someone tries to order that product, it won’t let them, or it DOES let them but the order does not go out before the web company calls the customer or the potential customer calls the company and get’s: “Oh sorry about that, that tool is actually $150.00. Must of just been a pricing error.” BULL PUCKEY! That’s called bait & switching and when you have to run the “Our products number in the 1000’s and although we try and price our products correctly, some items may be priced incorrectly” mung on damn near every page of a web site, you know EXACTLY what your attempting to do in my opinion.

I have absolutely no bones to pick with you Dani, as a matter of fact, your a damn good asset to the Solid Surface community but this constant defense of the indefensible wears thin.

I could go on for hours on the unethical crap I see but there’s no need to. The ship is 3/4’s full and damn near sunk. Know what I mean Dani?

“For all of you that have a currant problem or could in the future.” ***

***I know that’s why some companies hire professional spokesman.

Dani Designs wrote
    George,

I know there where problems in the past, but they have been 99% corrected
    Dani

Where have I read that before? A few years ago on the old ISSFA site, and last year on Woodweb, and now here.

I dropped them as a distributor many years ago, for many reason$. Got tired of calling them every month. I’m just guessing on this but I think the huge overall increase in sales after I dropped him was due to fabricators seeing Monument Toolworks in a different light. We are all often judged by the company we keep.

I have a lot of stories and have heard plenty but……………………….Susan keep stepping over that stuff and keep on trucking.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.