Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tom M
    Over in this part of the FabNet universe,
    There are documents labeled
    Granite and E-Stone Fact Sheet,

Laminate Fact Sheet

Solid Surface Fact Sheet

Installation Requirements

The Fact sheets all start the same: info on existing conditions, existing tile problems, etc., then becomes specific to each material used. The reason we put this in is two-fold. One, it is a service that I feel obligated to my customer to provide, as the amount of information we give them is staggering, and two, it provides us with some protection against the occasional unreasonable customer.

The first is far more the important one. We spend an hour walking the customer through the Cook’s Tour of materials, to help her/him (awe, let’s face it, her) make an informed decision on what’s right for her. We then need to educate her on how she needs to treat this product. To expect a consumer to retain and comprehend all this info, which took us years to get is rediculous.

What I am asking of all y’all is to help me with the finer points. I ask because I really suck at the finer points and could use the help.

I would like to keep it simple. We don’t need to cover everything, but we need to cover the usual culprits. Heat, scratches, maintenance,etc. I think, though, that they need to be contained to one page, and they need to be at least 12 point font.

The installation requirements are always given out, and contain info that we need to have the customer know about measuring and installation. We request they clear the tops, for instance, or we will do a better job cleaning the cabs if they empty them, we’ll handle the drawers.

Please give them a read and suggest changes. These are easy thing to put iin the envelope and our customers deserve no less.

Thank you

Tom

Tom,

Looking good so far. I just read through them once like a customer would and other than a couple place to make the sentence less confusing they look good. The only thing as a consumer that I would stuggle with and I even due as a fabricator is the industry standard. In laminate seams that seams to be a big issue at times. Do you have something to show them at aminimum what to expect or how do you handle that? Just curious becouse in my part of Nebraska here we get that [EMO]confuse.gif[/EMO] look when we tell them it is ar or actually above industry standard. Guess I see their confusion becouse honestly I have never had any one explain it to me very well or give me something to compare it to.

When I re-read them I will let you know about the confusing sentence in one of them. I beleive it was the Granite one and the cleaners. Looking Good though.

Reuebn

Tom M
    Reuben,
    I had a great, super fantastic, and illuminating response all typed out, but I got an error message when I posted (I think I timed out on the log) and lost it in the cybersphere.
    Anyway, it thanked you for your help, and pointed out that, as for solid surface, CTDC 117 by DuPont is still the standard by which we guage solid surface, various temperature, adhesive, and etc. bits of info work for laminate, and because we try to scribe these materials within a business card, or better, I can say we beat the tolerance standards for carpentry (fit). This is for scribable tops, of course.

I think I know which sentence you are refering to (actually two conflicting sentences). I didn’t notice them until I looked at the files new this morning. Kind of confusing, yeah.

Tom

Howard Frost

Tom, that was weird. I just got the same error message.

Something like DOTNETNUKE with a bunch of jibberish. Weird…

Tom M
    This must be what happens when Andy has the three-bean breakfast.

Tom,

Looking over sheets again. Got another qeustion are you ging out the Installation requirements with the addendum page. If so would it be better on addendum to say during removal of existing top? If want give me a call 308-784-4888 will be at that number 12:30 till 6:00 Central time.

Reuben

Tom M
    Thanks, Rueben, it was good talking to you.

Tom

Always a pleasure. Hey can you send me your e-mail address forget to get it from you.

Send to hoffstops at cozadtel.net

thanks

Reuben

Tom M
    I can put it right here:

info@mathertops.com

It will come to me.

Tom

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.