Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Norm Walters

I found this on ebay, looks like a good deal for someone just starting out that doesn’t want to buy everything new.

tools

jrapp

2 things stood out to me Norm. The seller has -0- feedback and with all of those tools, uses a rigid shop vac. hmmmm

Norm Walters

Dave, before spending nine grand, I would spend a few hundred on a plane ticket to check it out, if I was serious about buying.

Larry Noyes

Dave, you think someone got cleaned out? I need to look at that list again and see if there are any router bits with it, should be a bunch of them if this is the real deal.

Edward Jull

No al, don’t think so. Just wondering why an “operating shop” needs to sell the whole thing.

he mentions 2 PC 3 1/2hp routers. They don’t make a 3 1/2…they are 3 1/4hp

A Black & decker polisher?

An MVP polisher?

Craftman sander?

Ryobi trimmer?

Not my idea of a quality assured SS shop.

Norm Walters

Dave, this guy is also poured his own sheet goods, click on seller’s other items. He is asking 60k for the equipment.

Ken Walter

I’m real confused Norm. Porter-Cable? Best Sander? Used to think?

Advise

Norm Walters

I need to look at that list again.

I guess I’m quick Norm…Black Bart they call me. LOL

Somebody get the guys’ name. I am wondering if it is the guy that sold Jetta to the suckers that have it now. Everybody says that he moved to florida. They used to pour their own, wonder if he tried it all over again.

On that note, at the latest home and garden show, the local Jetta company didn’t bring their countertop samples, just their jetted tubs. I talked to several homeowners that were burned with a useless warranty, again. Maybe they are getting out of the counter top business entirely.

Al, the guys name is Paul Brody, in Mt. Pleasant, NC. I remember like 10 years ago a cabinet customer who got in to pouring his own solid surface. That lasted about 6 months before he figured it was utter BS. He’s still a customer today but stays away from the C Top biz. And does quite well in the cabinet biz.

Edward Jull

Al, Norm, I send him an E-Bay message and asked him why he was getting out of the biz. He responded this morning with: “I can only serve one master and I have another business that requires more of my time”.

I quite frankly, after looking over the list, don’t think he is going to get any offers.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.