Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Wags

I think that happens “up north” somewhere. Just as I like cold beverages, I don’t want or need to live IN the refrigerator to enjoy them..

What was the name of that movie where the anchor yells “Im mad as hell and im not going to take it anymore” ? Network? Thats how I feel about our government..

Lenny E

Well now that ya all derailed my thead (thanx guys)

Hi Wags,

Hmmm, My apologies, I didn’t know about the Oregon thing. I see where you are coming from. That’s interesting. As rebuttal not everything that gets proposed gets passed. For example….we had this politician guy down here in Texas, propose cutting off drug dealers fingers. It was all grandstanding, but caught my attention. The interesting thing was he (the politician) was black. Definitely not in the Al Sharpton, or Jessee Jackson camp. While I agreed completely with his position, I had to smile at the absolute snowballs chance in Hades of that passing.

As for seat belts, I know what you mean, next step is the harness in the tub, so you don’t slip and fall, with tub police monitoring. Its all driven by insurance companies. I ditched em years ago. I have no life insurance, or health insurance. I think insurance is like betting against yourself. As an old Vegas guy, I refuse to do that. I have homeowners insurance because it was required by the mortgage company as well as auto insurance for the same reason. Im hoping AIG chokes and dies on that big wad of bailout money.

As for the sad state of our political affairs and court system, I totally agree, and the comments were TNTR (too numerous to respond). My advice is to Leave the pitchfork for the haystack,

I suggest better tools, an AK wannabe (A WASR..dont purchase the Romanian models they are crap..the Yugoslavian ones are much better, chromed action, forgo the chrome lined barrel , you don’t need it if you clean it after shooting, available in 75 round drum magazine or 30 round clip. I suggest the clip, its affordable, get several, if you cant do it in 30 shots, then 75 wont matter. Get , some pistols, 1 revolver, I suggest a .44 mag S&W 8 & 3/8 inch barrel, it shoots like a rifle, and my favorite old standby a .45 model 1911), and a shotgun, short barreled pump. With that combo of firearms -its excellent home defense on a shoestring budget. You can stand off the National guard  with that combo ( if you have enough ammo and people) in the event they ever want to forgo the constitution, and illegal martial law is declared.

My motto, is, on my street, I am the Law!

David, Country Joe and the Fish? A blast from the past!

Give me an F…

Give me a U….

Give me a C….

OK Im gonna stop before deletion

Wags

Good Ole Country Joe…. and.. I already have my Mossburg 8 + 1, love my glock (and Concealed carry), was always partial to the S&W 357, and, as much as I wanted an M-14 had to settle for mini 14.

Problem is, they float these “wacko ideas” and in a few years it happens, always “for our own good”. That tiny thread in our money ( so we can track drug dealers) also allows someone to tell from a distance who’s carring cash and how much. Obama when he was running said we need to tax our carbon footprint. In the UK they have a device they are testing, that you wear and it trackes how large a carbon footprint you have, it also tracks everyplace you have been . Talk about big brother.

Just when did we give our freedom and rights to a handful of corrup pols? When was the contitution changed and put the Federal government in charge of our lives? Didnt we fight a war over states rights, and isn’t it about time for another one?

David Gerard

If you are considering  solar shingles,  Just remember to allow enough room for walk ways (rat walks)  on the roof when you find yourself up there loaded for bear and havin to bust some caps at whomever,   wouldn’t want to damage the new shingles by carelessness.
                                                                                                                               My feeble attempt to weave this thread back together      cuz…………

(Tim Obrien )     “daddys on the roof again”

Lenny E

David,

you always make me smile. I will do the catwalk , but augment it with a sniper tower and spotlight, Heh heh…just kidding…sort of.

Back to topic, Im researching now …..how to wire solar shingles to a battery and 4 way rectifyer so you can ditch the power companies completely. Id rather go off the grid completely.

Add some razor wire around the perimeter of the property…some landmines for those pesky stray cats that squeeze between the hogwire…

Kaboom….followed by me saying…Honey, I think that cat just used up all nine lives at once! We can use that big ole hole in the lawn for compost! Saves me from digging.

David Gerard

Lenny,, may I suggest  guinea hens  to announce intruders and a pet owl to take care of the stray cats.   I love that term  “off the grid”   you gotta see

the movie “box of moonlight” the main character was off the grid too,  in more ways than one.

Lenny E

David,

Now that this thread is entirely disrailed, youre hen suggestion (biological deterrent) has led me in a new direction. Rather than guard hens, who merely squawk and peck…Im thinking Komodo Dragons.

Advantages (Deliverables);

1.) 12 foot long meat eating lizard

2.) Amenable to warm climates like Texas

3.) Saliva dissolves flesh and causes extreme potentially lethal infection to the lucky ones who get away

4.) They generally eat the evidence

5.) I get to protect an endangered species

Im thinking of posting signs..”Attention..all solar panel thieves..(with directions to my house)…Im on vacation, Please examine my new solar panels guarded by my pet Lizard..named Cuddles”. 

If it all works out right, I wont even have to feed Cuddles

Thanx David, youre the Best!

David Gerard

The Lizard King of Kamodo Heights 

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.