Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hey Guys,

My first post! I am a newly certified Corian fabricator in Mexico. We have a CNC, and we have been using it for a while just for cutting wood. I landed my first Solid surface job, and i am figuring out all the bits and pieces I need to cut all the parts on the cnc (backsplashes, single drop edge, suport blocks, etc…) and just assemble all the parts once cut.

Is there a software that by just putting the outside dimensions of the countertop, specifying which sides have splashes, and what type, which sides have drop edge, where the seams are, cutouts etc… the software automatically generates a layout drawing? just to be later nested and cut?

Best Regards to all.

Fernando

Fernando,

We used AutoCAD 2007 LT do do all drawings and nesting. Save it in .dxf form and load in the CAM software and send to the machine.

QuickQuote my be what you are refering to, I do not use it, I think it takes your inputs and creates a layout that you can export to .dxf or something…Like I said I don’t use it so I am not much help with this one.

Robert

Thanks for your reply,

What i was trying to avoid is drawing all components for dropedge and backsplash.

I tried the quickquote demo, since its a demo i cant export to dxf so i dont know what it exports, if the only thing that it exports is the drawing that you make within quickquote, then it doesnt automatically draw the parts for the edges and splashes.

Any full version users that can confirm this?

regards

Fernando

I don’t know of any software that will do what your looking for, sorry I couldn’t help much.

Robert

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Fernando,

There is no program out there that will do all of what you want. Nothing is automatic yet in the countertop industry. It is not like the cabinet programs.

Autocad, AlphaCAM, and others will work well for you.

Thanks a lot for your help guys!

Regards

Fernando

Jon Olson

Fernando got a score yet for the Us V Mexico Gold Cup Game? US 4 Mexico 2

Hey Jon,

Didnt read your post until now. I kew we were gonna lose, and by that score too. I told everybody here that I would rather lose to Guadalupe and not face you guys in the finals, that way we could get rid of the coach sooner. Its so lame it aint funny!

Anyways… dont get me wrong, i dont hate the US, its been very good to me, I just hate Landon donovan! lol

Regards

Fernando

By the way Jon,

I was always intrigued with the chair in your avatar. I was pouring my own solid surface material (poliester blended with acrylic) and what got me into certifying myself with corian was your chair. I always wanted to make something like that. I still dont know how tough!

Regards

Fernando

Jon Olson

Hey Fernando. I don’t think anybody in the USA likes Landon Donovan. If he is so good why is he still playing MLS? He should go to Europe.

The chair’s where fun to make. They consist of 28 pieces. When we received the contract I didn’t know if we could make them. The point being fabricators can do anything if you have the drive.

Thats exactly what Rafa Marquez said when asked about Donovan “Landon Donovan?? Who is he? where does he play?” lol.

Anyways, i guess the whole process of the chair is a company secret? Can you give insight on thermoforming when i get something i just cant figure out?

Like for instance, i onece saw a rount island, abou 36″ in diameter and had a roudover drop edge about 6″ high (3″ radius bullnose) all around, i wonder how they did that! Again im just getting started in termoforming.

Regards

Fernando

Jon Olson
    Hello Fernando. Glad to here you are pursuing Thermo Forming. One mistake Fabricators make is to buy an oven to bend build up strips. Its more than that You can make Sinks, Furniture, Radius walls etc..

You have to wiling to take a risk as well.But the rewards can be outstanding. Hope things work well for you!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.