Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    luigi macci

Do any of you use Smart Clips for laminate counter tops? Reuben turned me on to them, and we used our buying power to bring in a lot and save him considerable money over another internet site that was really hosing people.

Tom M
    How bad was the hosing? I ask because I thought they were a bit pricey for what they did. I only thought you could get them from the “idea table” guys with the funny name.

I have used smart clips on some commercial jobs, because they do a slightly better job at keeping the deadly water demon from the p. board substrate. You can’t tell me that, over time, they won’t lose some tension, or otherwise degrade to the point where water gets through. If you have one where the water can reach it, you have exposed particleboard just a-waiting to be swelled with the stuff that will kill it.

Kind of like multiculturalism.

Ok, that was a joke.

I think.

Tom

Shane Barker

We use them occasionally when we have a situation that warrants
    it, like a full set on splash that has a lot of fitting to do on site. We have
    always had good luck with them but I agree that if the seal is breached the top
    can go to hell real fast. So far I have not had any call backs with them.

Shane

I’ve been using smart clips for almost al long as they have been making them. We cut the stopped rebate on a shaper. One of these days I will invent a smart clip machine to make the job easier. Maybe next year?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.