Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steve Mehan

We,ve been doing some laminate work here for the last week or so.

We did a veterinary hospital back in 98 and they have been busting at the seams so they put on a small addition and added a few new exam rooms and more lab space.

Some tops layed up in the shop.

Exams rooms for a Vet hospital.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Do you like the laminate over the other materials? Are they coved?

Nice size job.

Steve Mehan

Andy,

I dont mind the laminate. I dont like to have a laminate job going the same time as a SS job or visa versa because the SS dust settles on the contact glue if the jobs are close to each other when fabricating.
    No the splashs are set on and fastened with quick clips and adhesive. We had to make the boxes for this job too and that is something I do not enjoy at all.
    I did a Horse vet hospital back in the mid 90’s and it’s like they all talk since then we have done nine veterinary hospitals. One vet job had us make cat condominiums, they were two story laminated houses connected together with a venting system for fresh air. It was for a vet that had a boarding facilty.

David Gerard

Steve,  that sure looks and sounds like a nice gig.   How big are these vet hospitals?   Man!  ours only has 2 exam rooms.

Steve Mehan

The horse vet was big 32 veterinarians. Big rooms with a track hung from the ceiling that had a hoist to lift the horses and carry them from the operating room back to the stalls. Most of the vets hospitals have 4 exam rooms then treatment rooms and labs. One hospital was owned by 45 individual vets and it was a 24 hour emergency center with 8 exam rooms 2 large treatment rooms and 2 operating rooms also bedrooms for the vet’s to sleep. This hospital was owned by the 45 individual vet’s who all had there own practices but they decided to start a seperate hospital so they would be able to have there nights and weekends off and the hospital is maned by hired veterinarians

Jon Olson

Nice work. Now you need to make a flickr site to post your pictures.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.