Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Wayne

We currently have an Align-Rite oven that works great doing pieces up to 6″ X 72″ but we need to thermoform many pieces ~13″ X ~28″.  Without getting into monster size ovens, any ideas on a small oven for this application?  (We may just get a residential kitchen oven.)  Thanks…Wayne.

You do not actually need an oven. Check here

http://www.joosusa.com/elkom.html

the electrical heating bars for Corian at the bottom of the page are ideal for thermoforming fascias. If you need to bend something bigger get two of the wider heating platens. They work fine.
    We started this way and now are happy we have progressed to the Multitherm which combines heating and vacuum forming.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

You could also call Align Rite to see if they might make a larger length oven.  The one I own looks like a homemade type system that could easily be made longer.

What if you bought a second unit and put them end to end?

Patrick,

Do you just place the piece of material on the bar to heat?

Andy,

yes, but you need two of them so you can make a heat sandwich. Even though we have the Elkom Thermofoming Station it still makes sense to use the thin platens to heat up build-up strips for radius returns and other such needs. More efficient.

BTW – congrats to all you Yanks on the Inauguration – hope it proves a turning point for the US and by natural extension the rest of us who cannot but help feeling (suffering?) the consequences of America’s actions. (Mind you GWB swore on two previous occasions to uphold your Constitution….)

Aw shucks, Patrick, stop being such a pessimist and welcome the new era.

OK,  here’s to a new engagement and contract between the the World’s greatest power and nicest (but most easily duped – see GWB -people) and the rest of us poor sods.

To a better future!

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Thanks Patrick.  It looks to me like the world economy is in the toilet but it can only get better…I hope.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.