Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Let’s say you buy a decent amount of solid surface sinks for a project and when you go to use them find them un-useable. So in the mean time you purchase some other sinks to complete the project. What do you do with the other sinks you already paid upfront for?

Norm Walters

John, return them for a credit for some other sinks or material, or for similar sinks if you can use them again, or try to get a refund if they were defective, which will obviously be harder to do.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

• Call company and tell them the situation
    • Ask them how they want to take back the sinks
    • Send them all back
    • Receive a check in the a mail for a refund

If the company claims they can be used again, then you know where you stand with the manufacturer. In that case you may have to pay for a restocking fee.

Just curious, why did you use a different sink instead of having the original sinks replaced by the same manufacturer?

Andy,

we did let them send us more to replace the others but they had the same problems, so I had to puchase others to complete the project. I am trying to get our money back since I had to layout the money for other sinks. They want to give me a credit but I already have a large credit with them that we will probably never use. I am just frustrated with the whole situation.

KCWOOD

Just send them a note, requesting your money back, because of the “defective” product. Explain to them a credit is not suffcient. Defective product is treated differently than if you just over-ordered or returned goods. If those cases, by law, they can charge restocking fees, issue credit, delay credit to next billing period, ect. Throughout the 50 states, there is a suitability warranty with any goods, sold, or bartered for value. If the first product shipped was defective, you had the option of refund or replacement. If they replaced with the same defective product, you are still entitiled to a refund. If however they knowingly replaced with the same defective product, so as to delay a refund, or hold your money, that is protected by a different set of laws. If they took your money and now will not give it back… classic case of theft by deception.

Sounds like this has turned into someone you might question your business relationship with. Call the BBB, I bet you are not the only one having trouble.

If you pay with Credit or debit card, that can easily be remedied.

KC

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

John,

I am sure the company in question will resolve the problem and give you a check for the sinks. What better way to promote a product than to show your customers (the Fabricator), they care about customer service. Every vendor has problems, the way they handle them is what sets them apart.

KC,

Thanks for the info, I will most certainly be checking into that. I can not possibly use any more credit with them. They claim that I am the only having these problems.

Andy,

I give them plenty of time to get back with me to resolve the problem but unless I call back to bother them I dont hear back. They picked up all the defective sinks (six weeks ago) because they were taking up too much of my space, but they have neither sent a ceck or called to discuss options, only an email stating I can have a credit.

Hey! Post the name of this company, let them respond, and let the chips fall where they may. If there is a company out there not taking care of it’s customers, I don’t want to order sinks from them. Lets take care of fabricators first, if a potenial advertiser is mentioned, then they can take care of the problem.

I have an Avonite sink that came in with perfect packaging, one of the few we didn’t open to check for damage. It had a crack between the sinks that was old and dusty. Avonite and the distributor wouldn’t accept it back, claiming it was frt damage. When you put a straight edge across it, it is obvious that it would be warped if you pulled it back together, thus a manufacturing defect not a frt problem. Nothing like a three hundred dollar sink just sitting there to remind me to do business with the good guys.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

To All,

Don’t for one minute worry about the advertisers on this site. You will not be censored because a vendor you have a problem with advertises on this website.

Put yourself in their shoes. You would expect one of your customers to contact you directly to work out a problem before ripping you a new one on a public forum.

Please be respectful to your vendors and manufacturers and go to them directly first. If you don’t get the problem solved, investigate it further by posting on this forum. And please only state the truth.

I personally think John is going about this the right way. Your vendor is reading, so maybe just another phone call will fix the issue.

My last resort is to post their company name. At first I always give them the opportunity to remedy the problem, privatley, by using the phone, email, letters. However, this has been going on for a while so I post here, I know they are reading, to give them a chance. There are many at this site reading and it might cost them business if the name is used so I give them a chance first. As of now nothing is seeming to get resolved, which is a shame, becasue we were planning on doing a lot of business with them which looks like it wont happen due to the customer service or lack there of.

John

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.